The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-30-2013, 10:54 AM

Default Cordoba C9 Dolce

I just played a one of these at the Guitar galley in DC. Great little guitars; I need a smaller scale model and starting classical lessons soon. I've never played such a well-built Cordoba model before. Anyone see any roadbumps with owning a Cordoba?
Old 11-30-2013, 08:38 PM

NO...I purchased a C5ce and it`s Immaculate both in looks and sound. Very well worth what I paid. Enjoy!.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:36 AM

I've just availed myself of MF's Black Friday 15% off deal and ordered one of these. It's a bit of a gamble, but the specs and reviews suggest this guitar is just what I'm after: a quality, all-solid classical guitar with reduced dimensions for ease of playing. I also like the presence of a truss rod. That may be a bit superstitious, but I'm still glad it's there!
Old 12-02-2013, 01:10 PM

I currently own a C5 and think it is a great guitar. When I am ready to upgrade to a finer model, a higher grade Cordoba will certainly get my attention.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewalling View Post
I've just availed myself of MF's Black Friday 15% off deal and ordered one of these. It's a bit of a gamble, but the specs and reviews suggest this guitar is just what I'm after: a quality, all-solid classical guitar with reduced dimensions for ease of playing. I also like the presence of a truss rod. That may be a bit superstitious, but I'm still glad it's there!
This guitar arrived on Monday, and it's really, really nice. It has a beautiful sound, seems well constructed, and is very comfortable to play.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:05 AM

How does the C9 Dulce sound against a full sized classical? The idea of a smaller body and short scale is very appealing, but I don't want to sacrifice too much on tone and volume.

Thanks.

Ken

Martin HD-28V
Martin JC-16RGTE Premium
Taylor Koa GS-LTD 12-fret
Breedlove C-10 12-string
Cordoba Solista CE
Seagull M6 Gloss
Old 12-11-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kente777 View Post
How does the C9 Dulce sound against a full sized classical? The idea of a smaller body and short scale is very appealing, but I don't want to sacrifice too much on tone and volume.

Thanks.

Ken
I think the "too much" is the key phrase there. It is a little less loud than a full-sized classical, but for me, the difference is not significant. For you, it may well be.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
This guitar arrived on Monday, and it's really, really nice. It has a beautiful sound, seems well constructed, and is very comfortable to play.
Good to hear, enjoy!!
Old 12-11-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfloyd6969 View Post
Good to hear, enjoy!!
Thanks Bryan!
Old 12-24-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I think the "too much" is the key phrase there. It is a little less loud than a full-sized classical, but for me, the difference is not significant. For you, it may well be.
I have recently acquired a Cordoba C-9 Dolce. I find the guitar sounds as loud as my standard classical guitar, which is a 1975 Guild Mark IV. The Dolce produces a mellower very dulcet tone; whereas the Guild produces very bright tones despite its seasoned woods. I think the differences in tonal qualities are due to the selection of woods used to build the guitar bodies. The Guild body has laminate sides with rosewood veneer and a padouk (Brazilian redwood) back; whereas the Cordoba body is mahogany throughout the sides and back. The selection of strings also affects sound. The Cordoba guitar uses Savarez Corum high tension strings. I use Augustine (blue) strings on the Guild.
Although the Cordoba better accommodates my smaller hands for 4 fret span stretches (631 mm neck vs 650 mm), I find that some songs are easier to play on the full sized guitar, because the difference in neck width (48 mm vs 50 mm) allows my hands relief from cramped holds in the first position.

Last edited by Finger Styler; 12-24-2013 at 09:10 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Tags
c9 dolce, cordoba, small scale guitars