The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-23-2016, 02:24 PM

Default Sure SM94 for Live Acoustic

Hey just wanted to say I've been at this Acoustic thing for a while now, trying different mics/pickups/pres, and this Sure SM94 did pretty well in a louder bar scene. I will say I was using a pickup as well but for the money I got some good sound and no feedback. My friend let me borrow it, he uses it on his mando and it sounds good on it as well. I know there are all types of factors for good sound but I thought I'd throw it out there. Anyone else like this mic or had good results?
Old 12-28-2016, 07:35 AM

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VO4099G

I have not used that Shure before. But the other night I used this DPA mic with pretty good results. It's a really stellar sounding mic and I was shocked at how good the thing sounded. I used it on my Lowden F32C and it sounded wonderful.

My only problem is that I am the band director at church and I use a talk back. So, it was picking up just a little bit of what I was saying. We adjusted it a little here and there and got it to where my talking wasn't picked up.

Overall, the sound was very good. It's actually going to be used for our other guitarist whose Taylor Expression Pickup just sounds bad. I was just giving it a try since he wasn't playing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification