The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-16-2022, 07:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ffr0 View Post
GIK and and the well worn path of 703 for me. This output brand membrane thing notwithstanding, the foams just don't do a lot of significant low frequency absorption which is where most of the problems in a small room like mine are after the first reflections are dealt with. The 703 can be good down to about 60hz if you get it thick enough. I would be curious to see some tests on the outlook thing, but I'm not going to be the one to do it.

I'm about to order a third round of stuff -- more ceiling treatment and a couple more soffits to go over the monitors, and I think my room will be as good as I can make it. I'd encourage anyone that uses GIK to chat with them about their acoustic advice. I'm not one who solicits or takes advice easily, but I've found it invaluable.
Yes when I ordered my GIK panels (probably 2005-6) the owner would answer the phone and discuss your specific situation and with you.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2024.3 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD