The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-06-2020, 10:43 AM

Default 2019 SG Special (Original Collection) demo

Old 03-08-2020, 11:40 PM

Great demo, that is a good sounding SG, lots of brilliance and harmonics. How does it intonate past the 5th fret? I ask because one of my all-time favorite guitars is my 2010 Historic SG Special, and with the stock wraptail bridge, mine was terrible, it just never seemed in tune on certain chords, but with a Pigtail adjustable it is fantastic all around the neck.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Great demo, that is a good sounding SG, lots of brilliance and harmonics. How does it intonation past the 5th fret? I ask because one of my all-time favorite guitars is my 2010 Historic SG Special, and with the stock wraptail bridge, mine was terrible, it just never seemed in tune on certain chords, but with a Pigtail adjustable it is fantastic all around the neck.
Thanks for checking this out and i appreciate the kind feedback.

So far i'm feeling good about the intonation. I've changed the strings once and after letting them stretch it seems very stable. The nut work looks really clean, i bought it from Wildwood Guitars and they 'set it up' before shipping.

It plays killer, i'm ***-u-ming that they PLEK'ed it at Gibson. I don't think you're along with your SG, i'm sure it's a nice guitar! But i've had several inquires into the intonation issue.

I hope you are enjoying your guitars and music, best, dale.
Old 03-11-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplebaby View Post
Thanks for checking this out and i appreciate the kind feedback.

So far i'm feeling good about the intonation. I've changed the strings once and after letting them stretch it seems very stable. The nut work looks really clean, i bought it from Wildwood Guitars and they 'set it up' before shipping.

It plays killer, i'm ***-u-ming that they PLEK'ed it at Gibson. I don't think you're along with your SG, i'm sure it's a nice guitar! But i've had several inquires into the intonation issue.

I hope you are enjoying your guitars and music, best, dale.
Well good to hear your intonation is good! And I really am enjoying my SG. Once I got the bridge situation fixed it's become a favorite of many. Funny I just bought another wraptail (2019 R4), and this one came with a Mojoaxe wraptail and a set of locking studs. It intonates ridiculously good...

Old 03-12-2020, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Well good to hear your intonation is good! And I really am enjoying my SG. Once I got the bridge situation fixed it's become a favorite of many. Funny I just bought another wraptail (2019 R4), and this one came with a Mojoaxe wraptail and a set of locking studs. It intonates ridiculously good...

beautiful guitar! I hope you enjoy every note!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars