The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-24-2020, 12:09 PM

Bit of a side note, and also shows how outdated the Norman site is, but look at the modern model of the st40 cutaway, lr baggs in it too. Pretty nice, I workmen’s pay $1500 cad for it though, not when the regular st40 is still $650 cad for the same grade of woods just with no cutaway or electronics. If I was going to spend that much I’d bit a Larrivee or higher end Yamaha. Still really cool though, if it was cheaper I’d be tempted, and I don’t like cutaways.
https://brickhouseguitars.com/produc...t40-cw-nat-hg/

Edit
I guess it is different wood, spruce top not cedar.

Last edited by Wellington; 03-24-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.loseth View Post
If I was going to spend that much I’d bit a Larrivee or higher end Yamaha.
For that kind of money for a cedar over mahogany, I'd look at a blue series Furch. Looks like the dreadnoughts are sold out, but he's still got an OM.
https://brickhouseguitars.com/produc...e-om-cm-83420/
Old 03-31-2020, 04:55 PM

So I emailed Godin asking what the difference is (besides headstocks and the Seagull nut width) between the Seagull S6, Norman B18, Simon & Patrick Woodland, A&L Cedar Dreadnoughts with the cedar top and wild cherry b/s.

They responded today, it’s official, they’re all the same guitar besides the headstocks, seagull nut, or the finishes.

This is the email, first my question, then they’re response:

Quote:
Hello, I know there’s no difference between the woodland cedar and the s6 besides the headstock and nut as I’ve inquired about that in the past. Picking up a guitar for someone, was planning on the S6 but was looking at the Norman B18. I guess my question is is there any difference between this cedar top/cherry back combo that’s done in the S6/B18/Woodland and the A&L version? Are there different grades of wood used or anything like that that would affect sound, or are they all the same guitar besides the headstocks/necks/nut?
Quote:
Hi,

Besides the nut width and headstock shape, they're all the same.

The B18, A&L Cedar and Woodland Cedar have a 1.72" nut width.
The S6 has a 1.8" nut width.

Thanks,

Michel Bélanger
support clients/customer service
Godin Guitars

Last edited by Wellington; 03-31-2020 at 05:36 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion