The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-25-2019, 07:49 PM
Tommy CanAm

Default Interested in becoming an AGF Moderator?

UPDATE: Thanks to all who have expressed interest in joining the moderator team. We are very pleased with the response we’ve received in such a short time which clearly demonstrates the care members have for this great community.

We now have sufficient candidates to consider when we need to bring new mods on-board, so we’re ending this round of requests for submissions. We will advise when we again need to extend an invitation, so if you have thoughts about joining our team, the opportunity will arise at some point in the future. Thanks again!

—————

See also: Meet your AGF Moderators thread. Past mods, please feel free to post your thoughts on moderating to help those who are considering the role.

The staff is inviting forum members to let us know if you are interested in joining the volunteer mod team. Our strategy is to get ahead of any immediate need for new moderators by maintaining a list of willing members to draw from and consider when the need arises. We have usually sought those who have been here for at least a couple of years, but more important is how prospective mods positively interact with fellow members.

New mods typically begin by handling some of the simpler matters, such as removing inappropriate language and editing posts according to our fundamental “be nice” rule.

Time requirements for mods are flexible; mods contribute based on their own availability. At a minimum, we need each mod to contribute at least several times a week. And in reality, most of us enjoy the forum enough to contribute every day.

To be considered, simply send a private message to any of the moderators. A list is located at the bottom right of each subforum screen (highlighted and linked in red).

Thank you. We hope to hear from those looking for an interesting and rewarding challenge with a desire to “pay it forward” in support of your fellow guitarists!

Wood: '02 Taylor 814c | '18 Taylor 214ceDLX | '18 Taylor 150e-12 | '79 Ibanez Dread (First acoustic, Martin D-18 Replica) | '02 Fender Strat-American '57 RI (Replaced original ‘58)
Composite: '18 Emerald X20 Custom | '08 Composite Acoustics Cargo RT

Last edited by Acousticado; 12-09-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:50 PM
Charter Member

I appreciated the high six figure salary offer. But, when you told me I couldn’t use the AGF private jet or the AGF condo in Cabo....well, I just had to refuse. I have my standards! Lol.

Good luck, this is the best forum on the web. Lots of good people to chose from I’m sure.
Yamaha FSX700SC
Elixir PB Lights
SWR Strawberry Blond amplifier
Dunlop Tortex Blue 1.0mm picks
Rock Steady celluloid heavy picks
Old 12-09-2019, 10:26 AM
Tommy CanAm

Thanks to all who have expressed interest in joining the moderator team. We are very pleased with the response we’ve received in such a short time which clearly demonstrates the care members have for this great community.

We now have sufficient candidates to consider when we need to bring new mods on-board, so we’re ending this round of requests for submissions. We will advise when we again need to extend an invitation, so if you have thoughts about joining our team, the opportunity will arise at some point in the future. Thanks again!

Wood: '02 Taylor 814c | '18 Taylor 214ceDLX | '18 Taylor 150e-12 | '79 Ibanez Dread (First acoustic, Martin D-18 Replica) | '02 Fender Strat-American '57 RI (Replaced original ‘58)
Composite: '18 Emerald X20 Custom | '08 Composite Acoustics Cargo RT

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic