The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-08-2012, 07:56 AM

Default Harvey Leach southwest fretboard inaly

I have been working with Harv for a while on this. He is away so I hope he doesn't mind me posting my sketches before he sees them.

I am no artist and never will be, these are intended just to give him an idea. I'm trying to run Dead Horse Point, Delicate Arch and Monument Valley into one. I'm not sure if it works...

Last edited by Trevor M; 06-08-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:36 AM

I don't see why it would not work. There will be some nice earthtone and sky colors no doubt.

It reminds me a little of the long, horizontal panoramic photos but even more horizontal. Anyone familiar with these areas should recognize the fretboard representation instantly.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:13 AM

Harv will turn that into a masterpiece, I have no doubt.

Joel
Old 06-13-2012, 06:42 PM

It's funny... I'm flying back home right now and while I've never visited that area of the country I just looked out the window of the plane and guess what is below... Monument Valley! Should fly over the north rim in a few... how's that for a coincidence?

Hey Trevor... how about an aerial view... cell phone resolution might not be too bad... hopefully you don't mind a wing in the middle
Old 06-13-2012, 07:16 PM

my thoughts are dead horse point winding through the fretboard, and either arches or monument valley at the 12th or headstock, depending upon your preference.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:55 AM

Harv,

Yes interesting.. aircraft wings might make it fly.. sorry comedy never was my strong point.

But seriously if you haven't been around there you should go look, and everybody else that hasn't been. I have visited the area five times now and can't wait to go back. The Grand Canyon is only a small part of it..

I like to think of the pioneers whom may have never seen a real mountain until they reach the Rockies; having struggled and fought through the mountains thinking/hoping they might have a clear run to the coast coming across this fantastical area of red rocks and dessert immediately afterwards, their hearts must have sank. It still amazes me that you can stand looking in awe at Dead Horse Point and see snow capped mountains over your shoulder.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop