The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-01-2024, 09:05 PM

Default Central Florida Guitar Shops?

I am wintering in Florida, north of Tampa - any good guitar shops around? Did some searches but not finding much…
Old 03-01-2024, 10:21 PM
Charter Member

I haven’t been there but I’ve looked at their web site a lot:

https://pennylaneemporium.com/

OOPS, never mind I thought they were in Tamp for some crazy reason.
Old 03-02-2024, 07:10 AM

Jimmy’s Vintage Music in Auburndale, FL

I am from Michigan and was visiting family in Haines City, and came across this gem of a store. Pretty sure all the instruments are used. A really nice selection of vintage amps, flattops and electronics. It’s pretty much just crammed in there and it’s a small space so you’ll need to prep yourself for that. Also, as with all vintage and used gear you kind of need to know what you’re looking at as far as originality, condition, market pricing. It was a fun store to look around at the owner was cool and likes to talk guitars. I do not think they do any repair or setup work but I could be wrong about that.

To recap: small, packed with used gear, some of which was impressive, some not, great amps, cool owner, fun to look around.

Jay
Old 03-02-2024, 07:11 AM

Big box stores dominate the area. I don't know of any central Florida small shops that would be worth checking out. Enjoy the sunshine!

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 03-02-2024, 08:06 AM

We have a time share in Treasure Island. I have discovered a small shop in St.Pete called St.Pete Guitars.

It's a small shop and the people I have encountered there have all been great. Each time I have been there, there has been a steady stream of people wanting service on their instruments.
2019 Takamine GD93
2022 Takamine GJ72CE 6-String
2022 Cort GA-QF CBB
1963 Gibson SG
2016 Kala uke
Dean A style mandolin. (Year unknown)
Lotus L80 (1984ish)
Plus a few lower end I have had for years
Old 03-02-2024, 08:40 AM

Replay Guitar Exchange in Tampa is the best one I've been to in your area.

https://www.replayguitar.com/

If you venture over into Orlando and visit Guitar Center on Orange Blossom Trail, make sure your tetanus shot is up to date before playing anything...
Old 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJOHNS View Post
I am wintering in Florida, north of Tampa - any good guitar shops around? Did some searches but not finding much…
Depends on what you are looking for, but Corzic Music in the Longwood area has the best selection of high end instruments in the area that I've found (Lowden, Santa Cruz, Huss & Dalton, Bedell, higher end Breedlove's). They are also an Eastman dealer if you want something more affordable.

It's a small shop, but they have a lot of great guitars packed in there. The guys are really nice to work with
. I bought a Bedell OM from them.

https://corzicmusic.com/
Old 03-05-2024, 09:40 AM

Seven C Music in St. Petersburg gets good reviews. They are dealers for several good brands, and are an authorized Martin warranty shop. They are a father and son business, both with long careers in the acoustic guitar business. Their website tells the story.

I've been in the store a couple of times, and gotten excellent customer service and a fair price on a very minor repair.

Just playing for my own amazement

Martin 000-15sm
Eastman E10SS
RainSong SMH
Blueridge BR-142
The Loar LH-250
Recording King RPS-9 (for slide)
Kentucky KM-250 Mandolin
A Strat and a Tele
Les Paul and Jazzmaster copies
Old 03-07-2024, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragecaj View Post
Depends on what you are looking for, but Corzic Music in the Longwood area has the best selection of high end instruments in the area that I've found (Lowden, Santa Cruz, Huss & Dalton, Bedell, higher end Breedlove's). They are also an Eastman dealer if you want something more affordable.

It's a small shop, but they have a lot of great guitars packed in there. The guys are really nice to work with
. I bought a Bedell OM from them.

https://corzicmusic.com/
Thanks !!!

I was in this area from 2014 to 2018, and I had given up on a shop like this being in the area.

Then I saw your post.

I guess they opened in 2019. I moved back to the area (for the winter months) in 2022. It was a pleasure today spending a couple of hours there. I'll definitely be in the market for another guitar in the next year or so, and I may well end up purchasing it at this shop.

Wonderful selection of Lowden, Santa Cruz, a nice Huss & Dalton, and a very nice Bedell.
Old 03-07-2024, 02:03 PM

Another nod for 7 C Music in St. Pete, a fifteen-twenty minute drive south from Tampa. I was there last weekend. Buy a cup of coffee from their in-house coffee shop, and spend some time ogling and playing guitars. It's an old converted quonset hut, and the back opens to an outdoor seating area. They also have a stage for when they host concerts.

The area they are in is rapidly becoming an avant-garde neighborhood, so you can grab a bite simply by walking across the back field.
Old 03-07-2024, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps346 View Post
Thanks !!!

I was in this area from 2014 to 2018, and I had given up on a shop like this being in the area.

Then I saw your post.

I guess they opened in 2019. I moved back to the area (for the winter months) in 2022. It was a pleasure today spending a couple of hours there. I'll definitely be in the market for another guitar in the next year or so, and I may well end up purchasing it at this shop.

Wonderful selection of Lowden, Santa Cruz, a nice Huss & Dalton, and a very nice Bedell.
Ha! I’ve purchased two guitars at Corzic. Andrew is great to work with. BONUS - They have a PLEK, the only one in the area. Setups are to your specs and spot-on.
- Steph
2022 Breedlove Oregon Series CE Blackberry
2023 Eastman E20D-MR-TC
1973 Hohner Contessa HG-22 Slothead Steel 12-fret
1977 Continental something-or-other Nylon

Last edited by TrackBandit; 03-07-2024 at 06:09 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion