The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-12-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotso View Post
As opposed to some posters, I would say that Heritage quality is inconsistent. When they get it right it is spectacular. And play and sound just like you would want any Gibson to sound and play.
But you should also stay fair, Gibson was one of the first companies to be criticized for such inconsistencies in the late 1960s. It isn't easy for a successor company to keep production costs low while delivering better quality "Made in USA". I would therefore say that it's normal to a certain extent that there are a few slips. If I have a choice, I definitely prefer Heritage!
Old 01-12-2020, 02:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotso View Post
I have owned 4 Heritages all bought used with yrs from mid 90s to 2010 and have tried a number of others. As opposed to some posters, I would say that Heritage quality is inconsistent. When they get it right it is spectacular. And play and sound just like you would want any Gibson to sound and play. The biggest issue with Heritage...tough as hell to sell. And expect a ton of price pressure from buyers.
I appreciate the confirmation. After reading all of the posts here, and some info online I went with my heart. A new Japanese G6128T-TVP Gretsch. It gives me the comfortable “LP style” Jet body with all of the quality, craftsmanship, and features of Gretsch. Win, win.

Interesting that Heritage quality seems widely reported as inconsistent being many of the Heritage employees were former Gibson employees. Where consistency seems to be inconsistent as well.

I know there are fantastic example of Les Pauls. No disrespect to them. Heck, I strongly considered a Standard and even a Classic. In the end, my current stable of Korean Gretsch guitars reinforced that finding a Japanese made, with the features I preferred, was the direction that I needed to go. If the older (no longer produced) Korean made Electromatics are as good as they are...the Japanese models should be all the more impressive.

Looking forward to the new additions arrival Weds.
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars