The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-29-2019, 01:56 PM

Default Trace Elliot Transit 2 verses Tech21 Accoustic Fly

Hello all,

Trace Elliot Transit 2 verses Tech21 Accoustic Fly

Anyone compare these two and have any insights on how the sound and ease of use? They are the same price seem to be very similar i capability. Both sounded good in the demo videos.

The specs say the Transit is a little larger but in the picture it looks like the switches more crowded together.

Also i have size 14 feet just wondering if i'm going to have trouble hitting the switches in the dark.

thanks
Old 01-29-2019, 04:18 PM

I gigged for 6 months with the Fly Rig. For me the footswitches were too close together. No complaints about what it could do sound wise. I had a Fishman ToneDEQ prior and feel like it is a better design to use live standing up, but lacks a tuner. The ToneDEQ had a better sounding reverb and compressor, to my ear.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 01-29-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
I gigged for 6 months with the Fly Rig. For me the footswitches were too close together. No complaints about what it could do sound wise. I had a Fishman ToneDEQ prior and feel like it is a better design to use live standing up, but lacks a tuner. The ToneDEQ had a better sounding reverb and compressor, to my ear.
thanks

Good to know about the switches being too close that is what i was thinking.

tonedeq looks like with only 3 switches they would easy enough to hit; but besides the tuner it looks like you can't use reverb and delay together on the toneDeq. i guess can work around the tuner and the delay easy enough.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:22 PM

Hello all any thoughts on the boss ad10?

It has the reverb and the tuner. And the big buttons for my big feet.

I think I’m either going to try the tonedeq or the boss ad 10
Old 01-29-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymopar View Post
Hello all any thoughts on the boss ad10?

It has the reverb and the tuner. And the big buttons for my big feet.

I think I’m either going to try the tonedeq or the boss ad 10
Looks like the ad10 gets a bad wrap in another thread
Old 02-03-2019, 09:05 AM

A guy I know runs his little Martin through a Boss AD10 and it sound great! They get hit and miss reviews on here. I have a tech 21 acoustic flyrig and whilst I have no issues with the spacing of the buttons you most likely will have with size 14 feet!

I’d go and try a tonedeq, my only dislike is that the reverb and delay are together, but everything seems to have a compromise in the all in one pedals.

The whole tuner thing is something I’ve never bothered with as I use a snark because most all in ones tuners are garbage!

Gibson Songwriter Standard EC
Lowden WL-22
Maton SRS808
Taylor AD11-SB
Taylor 811 GT
Taylor Big Baby Walnut
Old 02-03-2019, 11:42 AM

The built-in Tech 21 Acoustic Fly tuner is one of the very best floor pedal tuners I've used.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 02-03-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
The built-in Tech 21 Acoustic Fly tuner is one of the very best floor pedal tuners I've used.
It’s not too bad on the flyrig, I think the worst tuner I’ve had on a floor pedal is the venue DI
- I still much prefer a headstock tuner.

Gibson Songwriter Standard EC
Lowden WL-22
Maton SRS808
Taylor AD11-SB
Taylor 811 GT
Taylor Big Baby Walnut
Old 02-04-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick84 View Post
A guy I know runs his little Martin through a Boss AD10 and it sound great! They get hit and miss reviews on here. I have a tech 21 acoustic flyrig and whilst I have no issues with the spacing of the buttons you most likely will have with size 14 feet!

I’d go and try a tonedeq, my only dislike is that the reverb and delay are together, but everything seems to have a compromise in the all in one pedals.

The whole tuner thing is something I’ve never bothered with as I use a snark because most all in ones tuners are garbage!
My tondeq arrived yesterday i used at rehearsal it sounded great and the buttons are spaced far enough even for my Sasquach feet.

So far so good, i'll report back in a couple months i think it takes that long to get a true feeling on equipment. Thanks everyone for the inputs.
Old 09-25-2023, 02:45 PM

I have both the acoustic and bass Fly Rigs as well and the acoustic and bass Trace Elliot Transit units. Feel free to ask me anyway questions you may have. I like the Transits better in general but I use the FlyRigs as backups. They're small enough to stash inside my guitar cases just in case. Strangely, the bass FlyRig has pretty bad XLR hiss where the acoustic version does not.
Old 09-25-2023, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymopar View Post
My tondeq arrived yesterday i used at rehearsal it sounded great and the buttons are spaced far enough even for my Sasquach feet.

So far so good, i'll report back in a couple months i think it takes that long to get a true feeling on equipment. Thanks everyone for the inputs.
I think you're gonna like it! :-)

Are you using a tuner/mute pedal in front of your ToneDEQ? I use a Polytune3 with mine & like that combo a lot. It's going on +5 years now.

Frank

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification