The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-08-2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinfurlow View Post
Hey all,

Wanted to share this here for a couple reasons - firstly that there's a wonderful amount of instrumental guitar here - which I LOVE! And second, to get some opinions on the mix/sound quality of this tune. This was recorded by Kim Person, who worked on a majority of Tommy Emmanuel's early work and most of Stephen Bennett's catalogue. The guitar is an Alpine/Walnut SJ from Marc Beneteau which is less than a year old, so a little crisp still.

“Finally” is kind of a melodic “feel-good” tune that I think is meant to be an equal celebration of the milestones and small victories we experience in life. I had saved a year or so for this guitar then waited 9 months for it to be completed and the day I got it I wrote about 2/3 of this tune, so there's sort of a cool connection between the song and this Beneteau specifically.

Hope it resonates. Feel free to share and leave your thoughts below or on the youtube page. "Likes", comments or subscriptions are very much appreciated.

https://youtu.be/oFDVoIk2abI

Hey Dustin, that was fantastic. Your playing and that guitar have outstanding tone. Your technique is so flawless as to give the whole song such a relaxed easy feel to it, thought the underlying complexity and precision are amazing. Well done!
Cheers

Dave
Old 03-09-2019, 11:20 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbitterdave View Post
Hey Dustin, that was fantastic. Your playing and that guitar have outstanding tone. Your technique is so flawless as to give the whole song such a relaxed easy feel to it, thought the underlying complexity and precision are amazing. Well done!
Cheers

Dave
Thanks so much for listening man!

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell