The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 01-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchelB View Post
Interesting. I found my CD132SC to sound best with 2 AKG "pencil" mics angled towards the soundhole. It just sounds ok "D.I.'d" into the P.A.
I owned a CD132SC many years ago. The preamp always seemed to get way too hot after using it for a length of time. Battery life was really low too. Went through way too many 9 Volt batteries! But the guitar seemed pretty nice though.

Do you experience the same thing with your preamp? Does it get hot to the touch like my old one did?
Old 01-10-2011, 01:24 PM

BTW, here's a thread from this forum discussing Takamine guitars.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=122891

The responses are pretty consistent, and make sense to me. While I have played better Flamenco guitars than those that have been available from Takamine (so far), they haven't had pickups, and I would hesitate VERY long before I would consider installing one in them.

(In fact, for those guitars, I would hesitate taking them out of the case; they are THAT precious, and THAT good ....:-) And, of course, WAY out of my price range...

But for those of us that have to gig, the Taks are great.... my only complaint about my special order Flamenco is that the body is thicker than traditional Flamenco guitars (the "thin body" Flamenco guitars are extreme on the other end); my Sanchis guitars (I own a Blanca and a Negra) are perfect in that respect.
(http://www.fernandezmusic.com/SanchisGuitars.html)

They are fine guitars, but I have played Santos Hernadez and Conde Hermanos guitars in the $5000+ price range that were extraordinary (I have also played guitars from the very same luthiers that were quite underwhelming....)

Last edited by BuleriaChk; 01-10-2011 at 02:11 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical