The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-13-2019, 12:19 PM
BongoSTL BongoSTL is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 365
Default Anyone near STL (w/an X7?)

I'd love to play one....

I've got an x30 and an el Capitan

(Also, might be fun to do a carbon jam night if there are enough of us in the metro area...)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-13-2019, 01:01 PM
RP's Avatar
RP RP is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 14,320
Default

FWIW I recently posed the idea to Kevin @ Emerald Guitars that they "set up" a network of contented customers who would be willing to show their Emeralds to interested potential customers. Emerald would maintain a database and match those interested in purchasing or least trying out an Emerald with those who own them based on geography and guitar model. My plan would offer the "Demonstrators" a modest commission if the demonstration results in a sale. The commission could be in the form of dollars or a credit toward an Emerald. Kevin said he was going to pass it on to Alistair so if you like the idea, email Kevin/Alistair with your thoughts...
__________________
FOR SALE Emerald X20 https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=566215
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-13-2019, 01:06 PM
Kerbie Kerbie is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 19,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoSTL View Post
Anyone near STL (w/an X7?)
Dang... I wish I were. I'm the biggest Cardinal fan you've ever seen! Lol...

And you could play my X-7 too. However, I'm not, but I hope you find one to play because I believe you'll like it. Sweet guitars... sound great and super-comfortable to play.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-14-2019, 01:35 PM
BillCoplin BillCoplin is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 6
Default

While I live in St. Louis, I do not own any Emeralds...Yet! However, I do own a Composite Acoustics GX and a Composite Acoustics Cargo. Iíd also LOVE to try your X30. Maybe we should meet up sometime. Hopefully there are some other St. Louis Carbon Fiber lovers as well.

We are currently considering a trip to London in June and I think my wife is willing to take a side trip to Ireland. Maybe itís time to finally tour the Emerald facility in Donegal. Iíve emailed Alistair in the past about such a trip but our plans fell through.

Regards,

Bill Coplin
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-14-2019, 01:58 PM
RP's Avatar
RP RP is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 14,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillCoplin View Post

We are currently considering a trip to London in June and I think my wife is willing to take a side trip to Ireland. Maybe itís time to finally tour the Emerald facility in Donegal. Iíve emailed Alistair in the past about such a trip but our plans fell through.

Regards,

Bill Coplin
Would love to hear more about your previous plans....https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=563652
__________________
FOR SALE Emerald X20 https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=566215
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-30-2019, 09:06 PM
BongoSTL BongoSTL is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 365
Default

Well...I guess now *I* am a st Louisian with an X7 🙃

Black Friday!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-30-2019, 09:32 PM
Captain Jim Captain Jim is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoSTL View Post
Well...I guess now *I* am a st Louisian with an X7 🙃

Black Friday!
Congrats! Way to answer your own inquiry, too!!
__________________
Some CF, some wood. And, a Yamaha SLGn (nylon) for sale: here; a Taylor GSmin for sale: here
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-30-2019, 09:37 PM
oscarvan's Avatar
oscarvan oscarvan is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Eastern PA, USA
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
FWIW I recently posed the idea to Kevin @ Emerald Guitars that they "set up" a network of contented customers who would be willing to show their Emeralds to interested potential customers. Emerald would maintain a database and match those interested in purchasing or least trying out an Emerald with those who own them based on geography and guitar model. My plan would offer the "Demonstrators" a modest commission if the demonstration results in a sale. The commission could be in the form of dollars or a credit toward an Emerald. Kevin said he was going to pass it on to Alistair so if you like the idea, email Kevin/Alistair with your thoughts...
I like this idea..... Email sent..... Called it the "Ambassador Program"
__________________
CF:
Emerald X-30 Royal Ebony in the mail......Rainsong H-WS1000N2, LAVA ME 2
Martins:
000-Nylon, All Mahogany (custom built), 000-15SM, D16-GT (resto mod in progress), D15-M, Stinger SSL electric....Vega V-445
Other: Korg-N1, Altarwind Hurdy Gurdy, Remo 14" Djembe
A slew of other miscellaneous stringed and percussion things...www.woodenshoe.blog

Last edited by oscarvan; 11-30-2019 at 09:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-01-2019, 12:56 PM
Rashi63 Rashi63 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 19
Default In Evansville

I was going to invite you over to Evansville to demo. I have two X7s. Looks like you solved your problem, though.
__________________
Breedlove Legacy Concertina
Emerald X7 Custom
Emerald Amicus
Taylor 362ce
Martin OM 28e
Martin Custom O Pau Ferro/Birdseye Maple
B & G Little Sister
Rainsong Smokey
Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster
Pono Octave Mandolin
Silverangel El Toro Mandolin
PRS Hollowbody ii
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=