The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 12-04-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybcool View Post
But I am curious why no cutaway. And why no end pin? And why no pickup? Have to be reasons but i don't know them. Thanks.
I find it more curious why anyone would badger a person on their guitar preferences. I prefer to have or install strap lugs on my guitars because I frequently perform standing. However, I too do not buy guitar's with cutaways. I outgrew that years ago and now prefer traditional designs with no cutaway. Either way it doesn't matter - they are his guitars and that's how HE wants them. He doesn't need any other reason.

If Mau decides to sell an Olson and has difficulty selling it without a cutaway ( ) I'll take it off his hands.

Last edited by DenverSteve; 12-05-2016 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Charter Member

Once again Mau, a very beautiful and elegant piece of music. Thank you for posting!
Old 12-07-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorSteve View Post
I find it more curious why anyone would badger a person on their guitar preferences. I prefer to have or install strap lugs on my guitars because I frequently perform standing. However, I too do not buy guitar's with cutaways. I outgrew that years ago and now prefer traditional designs with no cutaway. Either way it doesn't matter - they are his guitars and that's how HE wants them. He doesn't need any other reason.

If Mau decides to sell an Olson and has difficulty selling it without a cutaway ( ) I'll take it off his hands.
Well I just learned a new word (badger) -- thank you, Pastor!

I wasn't offended by Jimmy's questions, I just didn't know how to address them beyond the answers I had already provided.

I told Jim O that I would never sell these guitars. They are my pride and joy and there's no other guitar I would rather play.

That being said, if I'm able to score another SJ it may well have a cutaway...
Old 12-07-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootis View Post
Once again Mau, a very beautiful and elegant piece of music. Thank you for posting!
Thanks so much for listening!

Every now and then I feel like writing something that's really simple but yet effectively conveys my emotions -- and that's what I went for with my latest effort.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop