The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-30-2018, 09:17 AM

Lot of Labor Day discounts. Have you looked at using a discount from one store to try to finagle a better deal from another (assuming the original store doesn't have the guitar you want in stock)? I have done pretty well by waiting a few days (or months) for the right sale to come along.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 08-30-2018, 10:01 AM

So far I have contacted MF and they can only do 15% off. I emailed LA Guitar痴 and I need to speak to Ted to see what he can offer. I知 in no rush but I feel 15% off is relatively good. I知 away for the week so if I can contact Ted and do a little more homework maybe I can get a better deal.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:22 AM
Charter Member

MF and Guitar Center have a lot of exclusions - if you can get 15% off a RainSong model that is already attractively priced (compared to their other models), that is going to be hard to beat. We all want to get the best price, but it would be a darn shame to not get a nice guitar because you didn't get enough of a discount.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:47 AM

I ordered the Rainsong DR1100 with 15% off. I知 happy with the discount and I am extremely excited for my first carbon fiber, hassle free, humidity free guitar!
Old 08-31-2018, 11:58 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations!
Old 08-31-2018, 03:23 PM
Charter Member

Congrats! Welcome to CF ownership - that DR should be a good introduction to carefree guitar experiences and great sound.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:36 PM

great guitar...great buy... you done good.,,, in case you were wondering.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 08-31-2018, 05:50 PM

Congrats, RainSong makes wonderful instruments- just fair warning.....for many RainSong has been like a gateway drug.

I look forward to your thoughts!
Old 08-31-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
Congrats, RainSong makes wonderful instruments- just fair warning.....for many RainSong has been like a gateway drug.
You can say that again..... Rainsong WS-1000, Rainsong PMJ-1000, CA Cargo, Emerald X20-12, Emerald X20, Emerald X7. Seems like I'm committed.... to this carbon fiber thing.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:44 PM

I think I have a case of what Earl has.... And that... said that again as well (twice now)...will it ever end?
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-01-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
True dat. I'm already saving for my next fix. Just not 100% sure if it will be an Emerald or a Leviora.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spkey View Post
So far I have contacted MF and they can only do 15% off. I emailed LA Guitar痴 and I need to speak to Ted to see what he can offer. I知 in no rush but I feel 15% off is relatively good. I知 away for the week so if I can contact Ted and do a little more homework maybe I can get a better deal.
Ted will take care of you...that's where I got my RS Shorty FLE. Terrific guy! Carbon fiber rocks, oh and just wait until you amplify it...nice surprise there too!

Happy Playing!

Lisa

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 09-03-2018, 09:16 AM

Hey Lisa how are you?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber