The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-11-2018, 05:36 PM
Charter Member

Default It's here

My X20, red, no pickup, hardshell case.

I'm gobsmacked.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo

Last edited by David Eastwood; 10-11-2018 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:46 PM

Congrats. I am sure there will be pictures at some point???
Old 10-11-2018, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Congrats. I am sure there will be pictures at some point???
Oh yes. I'm aiming for a full spread this weekend. Rumour has it that the sun might make an appearance here in Minnesota, which will help

Interesting note - the USB photo card that shipped with my Emerald did not contain pictures of my actual guitar. It has stock pictures of a red X20 from 2015 and 2016. If you order something custom, I suspect it might be a different story. My card also has the wrong serial number on it.

All minor details, which really have nothing to do with the guitar itself. Which is, in a word, superb.

And it arrived almost perfectly in tune. If you like EADGBE, that is
Cordoba Stage

Last edited by David Eastwood; 10-11-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:11 PM
Guest 928

It's sexist, but it used to be that Every American daughter Gets Babies Eagerly. I suspect that was made up by a man.

History, isn't it marvelous?
Old 10-11-2018, 06:12 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations! As another recent red X20 owner, I'm particularly excited for you. Now you have me feeling the need to check to see if the photos on my card are of my actual guitar... Mine has pickup and it definitely shows the controls in the soundhole and the jack in the strap pin, but I never thought to check the serial number against the USB card. Not that it matters I guess, but I'm curious.

Enjoy it - they're really wonderful guitars! And I'd guess with carbon fiber, each spec guitar should basically play and sound just like the others, with customs obviously being a bit different...

-Ray
Old 10-11-2018, 07:08 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations, I'm happy for you, I know how excited you have been. I look forward to seeing photos of it, and hearing all about it.

It might not hurt to mention to Emerald the card has the wrong photos. I find it hard to believe they didn't take any of your instrument, and it was probably just a mixup. Hopefully they can ship you a card with the right serial number and photos...and maybe someone else is out there with your card, and you have theirs.

Either way, congrats and happy playing!
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 10-11-2018, 08:13 PM
Charter Member

Congrats! The red is nice... the X20 is outstanding... a red X20: outstandingly nice!

Enjoy - and, of course, some photos when you take the time to put the guitar down.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post
It might not hurt to mention to Emerald the card has the wrong photos. I find it hard to believe they didn't take any of your instrument, and it was probably just a mixup. Hopefully they can ship you a card with the right serial number and photos...and maybe someone else is out there with your card, and you have theirs.
In fairness, this is what the note with the card reads (emphasis mine):

"This is your complimentary Emerald Guitars USB Memory card. On it you will find a selection of professional photographs of your model taken in the Black Box studio..."

So, it doesn't actually say that it's my specific guitar.

I've already dropped them a line about the serial number mixup. It's really not a big deal, but I'd like to get it straightened out from a provenance point of view as much as anything.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to some serious callous regeneration this weekend - and some pictures to share, too.
Cordoba Stage

Old 10-11-2018, 09:00 PM

ooh are you in minneapolis? can i swing by sunday on my way to airport to check it out??
Old 10-12-2018, 06:10 AM

Glad you finally got it so I can get some rest... the red on the back sides and necks of my latest sure nuff is really cool looking.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-12-2018, 06:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post
The response from Emerald was that it was most likely human error in shipping. Fine with me - not that bothered.
Cordoba Stage

Old 10-12-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
The response from Emerald was that it was most likely human error in shipping. Fine with me - not that bothered.
My Emerald card had the right photos, wrong serial number printed on it. Not a big deal, but something I noticed.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:36 AM

You made a wise choice.
The X20 is one of the best guitars out there
Enjoy
2018 X30
And four all
laminate wood
acoustic guitars
Old 10-13-2018, 05:07 PM
Charter Member

A few quick iPhone grab shots for your perusal. These things are not easy to photograph - different lighting seems to reveal a different guitar. Dust and fingerprints also make it challenging. I will get some glamour shots in due course

Also, I purchased a D'Addario NS Micro Clip Free tuner specifically for this guitar. It fits perfectly, and works well, with the exception of a low 'D', which it seems to have trouble grabbing. Using the 12th fret harmonic is an easy workaround.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4110 (1).jpg (36.8 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4111.jpg (28.3 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4109.jpg (31.4 KB, 80 views)
Cordoba Stage

Old 10-13-2018, 06:26 PM
Guest 928

WOW! And WOW! Very nice. I have the same tuner and find it fits and works just fine. Good on you! And many years of joy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber