The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 07:24 PM

Smile SOLD!!!!Schertler Jam 400 Acoustic Guitar AMP LOWER PRICE!!!SOLD!!!

Hey All!

I have a Schertler Jam 400 for sale. This particular amp is "LIKE NEW" and has very little use.

I received it as a replacement from Schertler due to an electronics issue that was creating a distorted and crunchy? (hard to explain) sound at random somewhere within the original unit.

I was not even the original owner of the first Schertler Jam that I sent back to them but their warranty service was "SPECTACULAR" they covered me anyway and sent me a "BRAND NEW AMP"! So I am the original owner.

The condition is excellent with only a few minor cosmetic issues the most noticeable are on the bottom of the amp due to speaker pole rubbing while trying to mount it. There is another semi noticeable blemish on the top front of the amp caused by the zipper of the gig bag taking a bump.

I have installed a 1 3/8 inch pole mount speaker cup on the bottom and the Gig bag is included with the purchase. The Gig Bag has a built in "Hard Top Lid FLAP" which adds protection to the various knobs on top of the amp. This is about an $80 add on.

The Gig bag is in nowhere near as nice of condition as the "NEW AMP" because I used it a lot with the "First" Schertler before this "New" one.

SOMETHING TO NOTE: I thought I was doomed forever when I first received this AMP from Schertler as a replacement. Here's why, after the amplifier is fully warmed up and then switched off if you wait about 5 minutes and then turn the amp back on it makes a popping sound. I contacted Schertler about this and the representative named Carlo contacted the "AMP TECHS" and had this to say about the popping. English isn't Carlo's primary language so please look past the grammar. I am revealing his exact words verbatim

Hi Cory,

I talked to the experts
The JAM 400 has this kind of things
If you switch it off and on in a short period of time, the condensers do not have enough time to discharge, that’s why the noise
this thing will never ever damage tweeter or woofers.

Price $925 shipped including Gig Bag and installed Pole Mount Cup not including any payment transaction fees such as PayPal. I am a long standing member here at AGF so buy with confidence and I am able to provide references if needed. I am willing to accept payment VIA other fee less methods if you have any in mind such as check or money order.

Last edited by Rikdogski; 11-19-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:38 AM
Musical minimalist

Good to see you back here! I sent you an email a while back but it may not have gone through.

This amp comes the closest to checking all the boxes for me - as if I'd designed it myself. If I ever talk myself out of a full blown PA, this is the kind of thing I'd consider using with some kind of extension cabinet.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
Good to see you back here! I sent you an email a while back but it may not have gone through.

This amp comes the closest to checking all the boxes for me - as if I'd designed it myself. If I ever talk myself out of a full blown PA, this is the kind of thing I'd consider using with some kind of extension cabinet.
Currently I have a few different systems riding in the car for gigs, and the Jam 400 is the piece of gear that gets used the most. For gigs where it can't cover enough, I add one or two JBL PRX 710 speakers, or one or two Mackie HD1221 speakers. But quite frankly the thing is so powerful I rarely need to add an extension speaker. I love the JAM 400!
Old 10-04-2018, 04:58 PM

Hey guys thanks for the comments!!

Also hey Todd, I either missed the e-mail from you or id didn't go through. Hope you are well my friend I'm glad to be back around!

Still have this Jam 400 it is a really great acoustic guitar amp and very versatile.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:47 PM

Still have this great Amp.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:52 PM

Have had a spike in interest from three forum members but none have decided to make it official.

Soooooooo....... here's a bump up to the top.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:53 PM

Still have it.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:24 PM

Will someone please buy this? I have the Jam 200 and absolutely love it. I can only imagine how good this thing sounds.

Please grab it. The temptation is killing me.

p
Old 10-24-2018, 09:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdivs View Post
Will someone please buy this? I have the Jam 200 and absolutely love it. I can only imagine how good this thing sounds.

Please grab it. The temptation is killing me.

p
GO BIG OR GO HOME!! LOL!!!!
  • Takamine 2006 Ltd.
  • Takamine EAC48C
  • Takamine ESF40C
  • Tama #3561 Dread
  • Whelan Dreadnought
  • Whelan Grand Auditorium
  • Yamaki YW-80
Old 10-31-2018, 05:41 AM

Just played a set with a friend who had two of these in his setup. The sound is phenomenal, the versatility is great and the workmanship is gorgeous. I was playing a baritone guitar through it, and it has a great low end. My wife would kill me in my sleep if I bought this, and it's more than I need. But someone will be real happy with this.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:18 PM

I can attest to these comments ,,great amps and I speak from experience
Old 10-31-2018, 11:59 PM

Thanks for the nice comments you guys. Still have it. Also it will ship in original schertler shipping box with a very safe amount of padding.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:28 PM

NEW PRICE!

$925 Shipped
Old 11-08-2018, 06:12 PM

Bump Price change
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other