The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-24-2019, 09:09 PM

Default R\E Agent had VIDEO RECORDING Glasses ?

A cold call R/E agent came by , as Im sellijng the house , and getting outta Disney Disasterland before it gets any nuttier . Guy came by dressed to the 9s silk suit but glasses were weird with Very Large side pieces and what looked like small diamonds at front edges ...Didnt think much about it at the time ... Just seemed weird .. later I looked up Video/Audio recording glasses and saw several pairs which were very similar looking ? I had not told anyone I was going to sell ...he low balled me like crazy when I mentioned getting an appraisal , he instantly almost shouted NO NO .. Talked to a few other neighbors and said I could easily get 20 -30 K more than what he was suggesting . Will interview about 4 or 5 more agents before deciding .. REALLY Weird . He just wanted to pocket CASH Very Quickly , Im in no hurry .
Old 06-25-2019, 06:26 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTrap View Post
A cold call R/E agent came by , as Im sellijng the house , and getting outta Disney Disasterland before it gets any nuttier . Guy came by dressed to the 9s silk suit but glasses were weird with Very Large side pieces and what looked like small diamonds at front edges ...Didnt think much about it at the time ... Just seemed weird .. later I looked up Video/Audio recording glasses and saw several pairs which were very similar looking ? I had not told anyone I was going to sell ...he low balled me like crazy when I mentioned getting an appraisal , he instantly almost shouted NO NO .. Talked to a few other neighbors and said I could easily get 20 -30 K more than what he was suggesting . Will interview about 4 or 5 more agents before deciding .. REALLY Weird . He just wanted to pocket CASH Very Quickly , Im in no hurry .
So he appeared out of nowhere and was canvassing your neighborhood? A friend just put her house on the market(Bay area) and is getting "lowball cash in your hand" offers daily! Somethings up!
Old 06-25-2019, 08:57 AM

First I would try to get some referrals on agents from friends and acquaintances.

When you interview agents, they should come to you with a review of the area and their suggested list price. Agents from larger brokerage houses are typically more on the ball.

Where are you located, Anaheim? I live in Whittier and my daughter works in the field in San Diego for Sotheby's. If you're interested I could see about getting a referral.

A good agent will make a difference in selling your house. Try and avoid the discount brokers, you might save on the commission, but lose out on the best sale price and a smooth close.

The secret to life is enjoying the passage of time.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic