The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 07-01-2021, 11:49 AM

Default Tribit blue tooth speakers

IMNSHO my new Dell Inspiron 15 3000 speakers are junk- so I looked around and found Tribit, which had good reviews and bought one- it was like 30 or so bucks, IMS- I gave a review on Amazon that it didn't meet my expectations- well, late last week, Tribit sent me an email asking if they could replace it with the Storm Box-

I replied, of course, if you do it at no charge- well I got it today- it is a lot better!
Old 07-01-2021, 03:06 PM

We did some research on the Stormbox and it had better reviews. So far we have been very pleased with it. We might even get another so we can have stereo out on our deck.
Old 07-02-2021, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeane View Post
We did some research on the Stormbox and it had better reviews. So far we have been very pleased with it. We might even get another so we can have stereo out on our deck.

I admit, I'm thinking about that- but, I like what I hear with just one- and my patio isn't really big enough to warrant (or have the room) to have more than one speaker-
Old 07-02-2021, 08:06 AM

So many of these speakers are very difficult to find the driver size or to find out if they are actually stereo. Most have small drivers and aren't stereo unless you want to buy two of them and then pair them as such.

That's the reason I chose the very economical Creative D100 which has double 3" drivers and true stereo. It's since been replaced with a unit that has similar specifications and rechargeable batteries.

It can be a bit maddening to sift through the large number of these bluetooth speakers that are now available. So many of them are made with sound as being of secondary importance to colored lights and "modern" styling. I'll take function over form every time.

Several bluetooth speakers were recommended in the earlier topic:

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=616365
Old 07-02-2021, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
So many of these speakers are very difficult to find the driver size or to find out if they are actually stereo. Most have small drivers and aren't stereo unless you want to buy two of them and then pair them as such.

That's the reason I chose the very economical Creative D100 which has double 3" drivers and true stereo. It's since been replaced with a unit that has similar specifications and rechargeable batteries.

It can be a bit maddening to sift through the large number of these bluetooth speakers that are now available. So many of them are made with sound as being of secondary importance to colored lights and "modern" styling. I'll take function over form every time.

Several bluetooth speakers were recommended in the earlier topic:

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=616365
Seems to me, the speaker industry is trying to create something that isn't natural- ?

My lap top speakers (are in my lap fro cryin-out-loud) and the sound is muffled no matter where it is, it's as though all ambient is cancelled creating an artificial sound- the first Tribit I got was near identical to the lap top- this Storm Box is better though- I also bought an Insignia Mini Sound Bar that is excellent, IMO- the clarity is way better than either of the Tribit's- it sounds more natural too

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN