The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-23-2021, 12:04 PM

Default Cordoba C9 SP Question

I recently purchased a Cordoba C9 SP (spruce) that was originally purchased in 2018 and never played, it appears. It has the 'arches' inlay on the head stock. According to the Cordoba FAQ:

"What is the meaning behind the three square/arch logo that I see on your website and on the headstock of some of your guitars?

You are referring to our arches logo, a design that we incorporated onto the headstock of some of our non-traditional and cutaway-electric models. This logo was inspired by the famous red and white double arches in the Mezquita Catedral in Cordoba, Spain. These arches are renowned as the city of Cordoba’s greatest structural achievement, and we wanted to pay homage to that."

My C9 seems traditional in every way. It has a 2" nut, 25.5" scale, flat fretboard and is not a cutaway, electric or crossover model. Definitely a C9 with the pearloid rosette and Luthier Series label inside.

Any insights as to why it has the arches inlay? Thank you-Alex
Old 06-23-2021, 12:43 PM
Musical minimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al X View Post

Any insights as to why it has the arches inlay? Thank you-Alex
My guess is they had some extra necks laying round from some of the models mentioned when they needed them for the C9

Old 06-23-2021, 04:09 PM

Since the company has been using the logo for awhile and made some adjustments during that time to their lineups and categorizations, I wouldn't give much weight to its meaning. The extra necks joke may even have some traction to it. Who knows?
Old 06-23-2021, 07:02 PM

Default SOLVED!

Cordoba responded to my inquiry:

"Alex,

Thank you for reaching out to us. When the logo first came out, it was applied on a couple models. Over the last several years (your guitar was built in 2019) it has been added to a majority of our models that are Cordoba designs. The guitars that do not have the logo currently are generally the Luthier Select (The Friederich and Esteso) and Master Series (Torres, Hauser, and Rodriguez). These guitars are all specifically modeled after a particular Luthiers style, so the headstock represents that Luthiers headstock signature look.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a wonderful day and week!"

Thanks for your input fitness 1 and Bax Burgess! - Alex
Old 06-24-2021, 09:42 PM
Musical minimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax Burgess View Post
Since the company has been using the logo for awhile and made some adjustments during that time to their lineups and categorizations, I wouldn't give much weight to its meaning. The extra necks joke may even have some traction to it. Who knows?
Haha - yeah, it wasn't meant as a joke really - this very thing happened back in the late 80's at Taylor (and was I glad it did!) They had an overstock of 12 string necks and produced quite a few 1 7/8 grand concerts.

I performed with one of those for over a decade as my one and only!

So, it happens!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical