The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-09-2021, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexxor View Post
Not sure how employment laws affect their organization, could be a requirement and then they choose the person they were going to in the first place. Lots do that.
Nothing wrong with that, legally, only in the spirit of actually wanting the best person for the job.
Are you aware that CFM IV hasn't been president for 5 years? J Renner is retiring so he's hiring a President/CEO and moving one step closer to retirement by being the Executive Chairman of the Board.

It's a privately owned company. No laws control management.

He still retains the only important title of OWNER.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonWint View Post
Are you aware that CFM IV hasn't been president for 5 years? J Renner is retiring so he's hiring a President/CEO and moving one step closer to retirement by being the Executive Chairman of the Board.

It's a privately owned company. No laws control management.

He still retains the only important title of OWNER.
Okay, no did not know that. So, could be a good thing this time around, I guess we'll see.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:14 AM

Geez, lots of doom and gloom here. I think it safe to say that Chris has a pretty good idea of what he wants the future of his family's company to look like and that the selection process will eventually be made around that. I don't understand the assumption that having someone from outside the company or not having a real "guitar guy" being selected automatically spelling the end for Martin.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntneeH View Post
Geez, lots of doom and gloom here. I think it safe to say that Chris has a pretty good idea of what he wants the future of his family's company to look like and that the selection process will eventually be made around that. I don't understand the assumption that having someone from outside the company or not having a real "guitar guy" being selected automatically spelling the end for Martin.
Duly noted.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:20 AM
Charter Member

Martin will still be owned and controlled by the Martin family (not the CEO) and Chris will be Chairman. However someone other than a Martin will be running day-to-day operations and decisions now for the first time in their history (I believe). Significant strategic decisions still will go the "Board" of which Chris will chair. The question will be how much independence Chris will "allow" the CEO to have. I think of it like a major league sports team with a General Manager and an owner(s). Some GM's have a lot of autonomy and others are given less real power by the owner(s). I don't think it's any reason to be gloomy, IF they pick the right person.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin, Wales View Post
I believe that there is a recently fired CEO living down in Palm Beach, Florida who has sent in his CV. His vision for the company is that every Martin guitar will have gold tuners and a mother-of-toilet-seat headstock veneer.
Are you referring to Henry Juszkiewicz? Say what you want about him, but like Chris Martin, he took Gibson from the 80s to today where more people than ever are playing electric guitar and he left the brand in a strong position after he left.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexxor View Post
I am always getting corrected.
Oh, I'm sure you're wrong about that .. LOL
Old 05-09-2021, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingahPickah View Post
Oh, I'm sure you're wrong about that .. LOL
Old 05-10-2021, 07:26 PM

I sent a resume for fun. I got an email from the head hunter stating that the position was in the offer stage, they were not looking at new candidates.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion