The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-13-2019, 07:23 AM

Default V-class Bracing 812ce

I can't seem to find the year Taylor introduced V-Class bracing in the 812ce. Anyone know?

Thanks,
Rick
Old 09-13-2019, 07:25 AM

I thought they introduced Vclass to the GCs this year.
Maestro Singa, Sinker Redwood / Wenge (incoming)

Gone but not forgotten:
Martins, Gibsons, Taylors, sundry others.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:36 AM

I think you may be correct (2019). There's a video review from Peghead Nation saying as much. I'm asking because I was considering purchasing a 2016 812ce said to have V-class. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSTR View Post
I think you may be correct (2019). There's a video review from Peghead Nation saying as much. I'm asking because I was considering purchasing a 2016 812ce said to have V-class. Thanks.
An 812ce produced in 2016 definitely does not have the recently introduced V bracing.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSTR View Post
I would be willing to bet that you would like the 2016 812 better than a current V model. I've played several 800 series V's and have been disappointed by each and every one. Don't get me wrong. I think there are other series that have benefitted by the V bracing, but not the 800's which I think got castrated with the new bracing. IMO I think it was a mistake for Taylor to make a global change to their line with this. The GP's sound terrific and seem to be designed around the V bracing, while the rest of the line, which was designed around performance bracing got changed- and often not to their betterment. JMO
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS
Old 09-13-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindibona1 View Post
I would be willing to bet that you would like the 2016 812 better than a current V model. I've played several 800 series V's and have been disappointed by each and every one. Don't get me wrong. I think there are other series that have benefitted by the V bracing, but not the 800's which I think got castrated with the new bracing. IMO I think it was a mistake for Taylor to make a global change to their line with this. The GP's sound terrific and seem to be designed around the V bracing, while the rest of the line, which was designed around performance bracing got changed- and often not to their betterment. JMO
Didn't have the right pins in them.....

Just yanking your chain, sir.

Having owned several V-class Taylors in the last year, I WILL agree that the 814ce models I played with that bracing did nothing for me.

OP - The V-class bracing for the x12 models came out in 2019. No chance that the 2016 model you're looking at has that bracing pattern. And vin is right...if you like Taylors, and you like Rosewood, you should like the 812ce.

Good luck!
'20 PRS P20
'19 Yamaha FS830
Old 09-13-2019, 08:21 AM
Charter Member

Old 09-13-2019, 10:54 AM
Charter Member

I actually really liked the V-class 522ce I tried a couple months ago. I think it worked well on that smaller body. (The 000/OM size is what I have in my sights...) I'd like to try a 712ce, personally, but it might have to wait until next year's road trip, as I don't see them locally.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion