The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-12-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstrebel View Post
These are mine.

Bob

Hi Bob. You are a true-blue Faith guitar lover!
Taylor GS Mini Koa (2017)
Martin LX1 (2009)
Old 01-19-2019, 12:32 AM

Default Faith Owners’ Club :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombox View Post
I posted a NGD for my lovely Faith Mercury parlour guitar back in August. Still astounded by the projection on this little beastie. I've since tried a Mars slope dreadnought, but found the neck a smidgeon too narrow. However, they do make a 12 fret 1 3/4" nut Mars with mahogany and cedar. I am sorely tempted to get one when I can get away with it. (Three NGDs this year was perhaps a bit excessive!!!)

Anyway, in response to the OPs request:

Hi Boombox. Saw your post in another thread saying how good this guitar is. It is a pity Faith do not have this model here in Singapore. Quite keen to try a 12-fret Faith guitar. I tried a smaller Mini Neptune (all solid Hog) but wasn’t impressed with it. It doesn’t resonate well, could be due to the old strings on the guitar or because Mahogany top is a hardwood.
Martin LX1 (2009)

Last edited by Cool555; 01-19-2019 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:02 AM

I'm in.

The first Faith Guitar that I bought was a, Naked Venus, very responsive guitar, for some unknown reason I sold it, then had sellers remorse.
Then I bought the Faith Mercury.
Then I bought a Faith Neptune Nexus, very nice guitar, but traded it in for the Faith Neptune Bloodmoon.

So now I own a Faith Mercury, great small guitar, and the Faith Neptune Bloodmoon Series Model, my favourite all time guitar.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ptLo32wyyMiGaLS69
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MbpaPd1x7EPst6tw8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/caoDprv6koGmEHJv5
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ytHbmBvB6vBJGVA69

Last edited by Derick; 01-19-2019 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:53 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derick View Post
I'm in.

The first Faith Guitar that I bought was a, Naked Venus, very responsive guitar, for some unknown reason I sold it, then had sellers remorse.
Then I bought the Faith Mercury.
Then I bought a Faith Neptune Nexus, very nice guitar, but traded it in for the Faith Neptune Bloodmoon.

So now I own a Faith Mercury, great small guitar, and the Faith Neptune Bloodmoon Series Model, my favourite all time guitar.
Hi Derick. Beautiful guitars you have there! I’m sure they sound great too!
Martin LX1 (2009)
Old 02-13-2019, 03:05 AM

Default Faith Blood Moon Venus

I'm also in!

After spending a few days with a Faith Neptune Blood Moon, I decided to switch out to its Venus counterpart and found it much more fitting to my fingerstyle playing (which constitutes about 95% of my playing haha)

I've been playing for a good few years now, but being a full-time uni student on a limited budget I've stuck with my beginner's guitar (a sub £100 Yamaha) until very recently - once I finally got enough money saved I visited several different stores in my area, and found myself drawn to the Faith line for their impressive sound and build quality you can get for less than £1000. Admittedly it was the very eye-catching burst finish of the Blood Moons that initially drew my interest, but my final purchasing decision was predominantly based on the sound - the only guitars that I tried which I thought sounded better were higher-end Taylors and Lakewoods which were far beyond my budget (tears were definitely shed - maybe one day). I can't lie though, based on sound I was very close to picking the Trembesi Venus model!

Needless to say, the difference in sound between my all-solid Faith and my fully laminate Yamaha is night and day - I've been playing more than ever since my purchase, arguably getting dangerously close to falling very far behind on my course!

Anyways sorry for the ramble, here are some pics!

https://imgur.com/a/gX4XLQs

Last edited by Procrastinator; 02-13-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:15 AM

Default Faith Owners’ Club :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
I'm also in!

After spending a few days with a Faith Neptune Blood Moon, I decided to switch out to its Venus counterpart and found it much more fitting to my fingerstyle playing (which constitutes about 95% of my playing haha)

Congrats on getting your Faith Blood Moon! Yes, it’s an awesome guitar for its price. I love mine too!

Wishing you many hours of happy playing!

And welcome to AGF!
Martin LX1 (2009)
Old 02-13-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
I'm also in!

I've been playing for a good few years now, but being a full-time student on a limited budget I've stuck with my beginner's guitar (a sub £100 Yamaha) until very recently - once I finally got enough money saved I visited several different stores in my area, and found myself drawn to the Faith line for their impressive sound and build quality you can get for less than £1000. Admittedly it was the very eye-catching burst finish of the Blood Moons that initially drew my interest, but my final purchasing decision was predominantly based on the sound - the only guitars that I tried which I thought sounded better were higher-end Taylors and Lakewoods which were far beyond my budget (tears were definitely shed - maybe one day). I can't lie though, based on sound I was very close to picking the Trembesi Venus model!

Needless to say, the difference in sound between my all-solid Faith and my fully laminate Yamaha is night and day - I've been playing more than ever since my purchase, arguably getting dangerously close to falling very far behind on my course!

Anyways sorry for the ramble, here are some pics!

https://imgur.com/a/gX4XLQs

Just a stunning guitar. Play it in good health always. Welcome to the forum and come back often. Now, go do your homework!
Old 02-13-2019, 09:35 AM

Default Faith Neptune Blood Moon Gloss

Bought this beauty Dec 2018. Was hard to find here in the USA.

Faith Neptune Blood Moon Gloss

Also:
Martin DCPA4 Rosewood
Martin DCPA4 Sapele
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Washburn EA40SCE
Washburn WD-43 Timbrewood
1974 Epiphone FT-350 Eldorado
Gretsch G9126-ACE Uke

Last edited by kimsuoil; 02-13-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool555 View Post
Congrats on getting your Faith Blood Moon! Yes, it’s an awesome guitar for its price. I love mine too!

Wishing you many hours of happy playing!

And welcome to AGF!
Thanks, and you too! Looking forward to seeing you and your Faith around the forum
Old 02-13-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post

Just a stunning guitar. Play it in good health always. Welcome to the forum and come back often. Now, go do your homework!
She really is an absolute beauty - rest assured I'll be keeping her in top condition even while playing regularly!

And you're right, I think I'll finally get back to my work now
Old 02-13-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsuoil View Post
Bought this beauty Dec 2018. Was hard to find here in the USA.

Faith Neptune Blood Moon Gloss

Also:
Martin DCPA4 Rosewood
Martin DCPA4 Sapele
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Washburn EA40SCE
Washburn WD-43 Timbrewood
1974 Epiphone FT-350 Eldorado
Gretsch G9126-ACE Uke

Congrats on getting your Blood Moon! And welcome to AGF!

Noticed your 2 Martin guitars are performance guitars meant for gigs. Just wondering if you have used your blood moon for gigs and did you like it? I only play mine at home.
Martin LX1 (2009)
Old 02-13-2019, 01:42 PM

Just waiting for my next Faith to arrive, Neptune Eclipse. Seems a number of stores are now showing this as discontinued but the UK distributor still has some stock. I have always wanted this but was not in a rush, but seems I need to get in before they disappear.

Bob
Old 02-13-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstrebel View Post
Just waiting for my next Faith to arrive, Neptune Eclipse. Seems a number of stores are now showing this as discontinued but the UK distributor still has some stock. I have always wanted this but was not in a rush, but seems I need to get in before they disappear.

Bob
Ahh that's nice, I've heard some great things about the Eclipses, it'd be a shame if they really were being discontinued.

You really seem to like your Neptunes! What kind of tunes dyou normally play?
Old 02-13-2019, 03:56 PM

I have heard of but never played a Faith guitar. That Blood Moon is just gorgeous wood! Wow. A beautiful example of fine lutherie.

Teach us what ways have light, what gifts have worth.
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Old 02-13-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghthawk View Post
I have heard of but never played a Faith guitar. That Blood Moon is just gorgeous wood! Wow. A beautiful example of fine lutherie.
It's quite something I agree! I think the Trembesi looks great on its own, but with the burst shading and the right grain patterns it really is something you can look at all day imo (can you tell I'm in love aha)

If you're in the UK it should be relatively easy to get hold of a Faith - would definitely recommend at least trying them out! Like many people have pointed out, their craftsmanship is very impressive, and they only use high-grade solid woods for the tops, b/s on all their models. I'm a particularly big fan of their satin necks, makes playing a breeze - although it's worth noting that most of their models have a 43mm nut (which I actually happen to prefer despite playing mostly fingerstyle).

But yeah definitely see if you can check one out, especially if you can find one of the more recent PJE Legacy models!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion