The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-06-2018, 08:09 PM

Default Enya carbon fiber guitars ???

https://www.amazon.com/Carbon-EA-X3C...n+fiber+guitar

Last edited by gerardo1000; 12-07-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:27 PM
Charter Member

A guitar with HPL back and sides, and a top that is 95% carbon fiber?? Just a guess, based on the description.

It is trying to LOOK like a carbon fiber guitar, but I would have some real concerns. The description on there sounds like English isn't their first language... that in itself isn't bad, but not something I'd spend money on without seeing in person.

The HPL back and sides is what Martin uses on their least expensive models... just mentioning that for some comparison sake.

Oh, and... "be the first to review this item."
Old 12-06-2018, 08:27 PM
Anticipation Junkie

I’ve never heard of the Enya brand before, but the soundboard is the only part that appears to be mostly CF. HPL b&s, richlite fretboard.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Both of two materials can make you no worry the dry or wet weather.

Black Richlite Fretboard with pretty suitable action
I mean, it does have pretty suitable action

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 12-06-2018, 11:11 PM
Charter Member

You no worry dry or wet weather ! Sounds like a pretty good deal.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:33 AM

Based on the electronics, I wonder if it'd made in the Yamaha factory.
Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 12-07-2018, 08:21 AM

And here come the Chainsongs.... You can't get the kind of build quality we are accustomed to in the CF world for one-third of the price. I don't worry much about the HPL back and sides. Rainsong actually had a series with CF top and laminated wood back & sides - I own a PMJ-1000. And that really nifty white gig bag will look great right up until the first scuff or stain. "Pretty suitable action" - gotta love it. Anyone care to bet that those "best Elixir strings" are genuine Elixir or knock-offs?

I would certainly be curious to try one, but I'm not spending that kind of coin on idle curiosity.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
And here come the Chainsongs.... You can't get the kind of build quality we are accustomed to in the CF world for one-third of the price. I don't worry much about the HPL back and sides. Rainsong actually had a series with CF top and laminated wood back & sides - I own a PMJ-1000. And that really nifty white gig bag will look great right up until the first scuff or stain. "Pretty suitable action" - gotta love it. Anyone care to bet that those "best Elixir strings" are genuine Elixir or knock-offs?

I would certainly be curious to try one, but I'm not spending that kind of coin on idle curiosity.
Well said!
Old 12-07-2018, 08:57 AM

The idea itself is not so bad: to make a guitar impervious to humidity or the lack of it, at a budget, using HPL for he body instead of carbon fiber, and richlite for the fretboard. The guitar itself should be able to be left on a stand all year long without suffering. That is, in my opinion, one of the reason (if not the only one) why many players like CF guitars: no worries.
There is also a smaller model, like a 00/parlor, without transacoustic electronics, priced in the four hundreds. The guitar is obviously made in China, which can add to the low price. The fact that it is made in China is not a negative by itself, think Journey CF guitars that are built there and are excellent.
But anyway, the reason why I posted the link on this guitar was just curiosity.
Rainsong, Composite Acoustics, Journey, Klos, Mc Pherson, Emerald... and now...Enya ?
Old 12-07-2018, 09:02 AM

Here are more info.....

"Huizhou Enya Musical Instruments Co..
Enya International Instrument Co., Ltd. is a global comprehensive company founded in 2011 with headquarters in Huizhou, China, which specializes in developing, manufacturing, marketing and culturegeneralizing the guitar instruments. The products include Ukulele, acoustic guitar, Uguitar (patented product) and other accessories.
With best R&D team, advanced production, abundant wood in storage as well as strict quality control, Enya staff will sincerely serve every music fan in the spirit of attention, consummation, and breakthrough.
We love music. We serve with heart, not only for music, but also for you."

( "culuturegeneralizin" the guitar ? )
Old 12-07-2018, 10:34 AM
Guest 928

I love the "consummation" part. Sort of makes you feel good all over and want a cigarette.

I believe that it is possible to make a thousand dollar guitar for $300--if you've reverse engineered someone else's instrument and are paying someone 25 cents an hour.

Year's ago I found a wooden Chinese guitar for $300 that was a perfect replica of a Taylor--slightly different woods, but same build. I played that guitar in a blind test against its Taylor origin and it sounded the same--the judge was the salesperson selling Taylors.

It is inevitable that when CF instruments reach a certain market size there will be competing products at low prices. Journey is a success, in part because of its low price-point, but also because of its quality control. I would not be surprised if many of the current cf makers one day outsource much of their product line: This becomes increasingly probably as demand grows.

I think Kramster should buy on of these and report back.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:38 AM
Guest 928

PS: The reviews of this company's products are pretty good.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:08 AM

Yes, Kramster, please. Aside for being possibly the only owner of an Enya cf guitar among forum members, you will do a service to all of us!

Last edited by gerardo1000; 12-07-2018 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:11 PM

I bet they will have them at NAMM... the Chinese have a rather large group of manufactures there...and be great to see the gift box as well.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-07-2018, 03:46 PM

Will it only play "Orinoco Flow"?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber