The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-06-2006, 02:50 PM
RednekHippieMotrcycleFrk

Default Emerald Travel Guitar

Anybody seen these yet? Seems interesting especially since my wife and I have been looking for the solution to the motorcycle/guitar problem. The only thing I don't understand about it is the overall length vs the scale length. Can somebody explain to me how you get 25.5" scale length out of a 20.5" guitar?

Here's the link.... Emerald Guitars
Old 11-06-2006, 05:34 PM

Overall lenght is 33.5 inches. So the bridge is near the bottom to allow the scale length. That's interesting, being made of carbon fiber. Being practically waterproof is an advantage for a travel guitar and not having to worry about temperature swings is good too.
It's four inches shorter, one inch narrower (lower bout) and 2 inches thinner(depth) than the parlor guitar I travel with. I do appreciate having decent sounding guitar with me when camping/travelling etc., so I don't mind packing a wood guitar. The ad says you have 10 days to try it out.
Here's a pic of my travel guitar on the road.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:36 PM

rainsongs are better ......just kidding, I'm just bias....look into rainsong and CA guitars also....all three companies use the same carbon fiber material.

edit: oops I just reread your post....sorry...

Rainsong WS1000
Taylor "T6" Custom w/added element UST
USA Tele Deluxe
Ibanex SRX-500
Vox AC-15

Korg Pitch Black (2x), Fishman Aura 16, BBE Sonic Stomp, LR Baggs PADI, Boss TU-2, Sansamp Tech21 Bass Driver, Boss GE-7 Bass EQ, MXR Micro Amp, Keely BD-2, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, Boss DD-20, BBE supacharger

Up next: Empress EQ, Radial J48
Old 11-06-2006, 06:00 PM
RednekHippieMotrcycleFrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADGADER View Post
Overall lenght is 33.5 inches. So the bridge is near the bottom to allow the scale length. ............
Thanks. I just got that info from Emerald guitars. They said the 20.5 inch spec was a typo on their webpage. I just might have to try one out. BTW, you sure know how to pack.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:27 PM

Yeah, sometimes it's a p.u. truck w/ two wheels. Then when camp is set up, its time to enjoy some curves!
I didn't find a price for the Emerald. Do you have info on that? Be sure to post a review here if you get one.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:02 AM
RednekHippieMotrcycleFrk

The Emerald Guitars link will get you to all the specs and pricing. If you can't get to it, let me know and I'll PM you the info.

Emerald Guitars

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber