The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-15-2021, 04:23 PM

Default Kim's Convenience - tv show

Has anyone watched Kim's Convenience before? It's a CBC Canada show so I'm not sure if it's in the US. 5 seasons with the last episode just airing.

I had never heard of it but decided to give it a chance a couple of weeks ago on Amazon Prime. It's great! It's about a Korean family owning a convenience store in Toronto. Humour kind of reminds me of Corner Gas (another Canadian show).
Old 04-15-2021, 04:46 PM

Yes, great show. Watched it on Netflix. They only have 4 seasons though. Nice to know there is a 5th. Hopefully we will get to watch that soon here in the US.

Also love that Paul Sun-Hyung Lee, aka Mr. Kim, got a bit part in the last season of The Mandalorian.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjoga View Post
Yes, great show. Watched it on Netflix. They only have 4 seasons though. Nice to know there is a 5th. Hopefully we will get to watch that soon here in the US.

Also love that Paul Sun-Hyung Lee, aka Mr. Kim, got a bit part in the last season of The Mandalorian.
I didn't realize it was also on Netflix. You'll catch season 5 soon enough. Paul does a great job as Mr. Kim.
Old 04-15-2021, 06:44 PM

Loved it. Watched the first 4 seasons on Netflix. While it isn’t high art, it is a lot of fun. Doesn’t take itself too seriously.
Old 04-16-2021, 05:02 AM

Yeah, watched the first 4 seasons some time back and I’m rewatching it all 1 show a night (on CBC Gem service). Surprising to see it end after only 5 seasons given its success. It’s a quick, easy and fun watch at 20 odd minutes per. There’s a couple spin-offs in the works that could also be a fun watch.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic