The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-28-2022, 12:36 PM

Default Taylor GS Mini ES Go pickup

I just picked up a used GS Mini and was thinking about a pick up for it. Has anyone tried the Taylor GS GO pickup? Is it worth $100 bucks?
Martin LX1
Epiphone Broadway
Gamboa Charango
Ovation Classical model 1116
Fender Strat
Old 09-28-2022, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asguitar1 View Post
I just picked up a used GS Mini and was thinking about a pick up for it. Has anyone tried the Taylor GS GO pickup? Is it worth $100 bucks?
The GS GO pickup is a magnetic, so it's going to tend making the guitar sound a bit like an electric. If you're going to get a GS GO do make sure the plastic clip is still installed inside the guitar up towards the heel block.

I installed a K&K Pure Mini in my mahogany GS Mini and loved the sound. I even used it as a substitute for my Tele in a really loud band situation, adding a D'Addario Screeching Halt sound hole plug to prevent most of the feedback tendencies.
Old 09-28-2022, 02:46 PM

I installed the JJB soundboard transducer (Prestige-330) that runs about $50 with shipping. Sounds great, and even comes with an endpin jack that fits into the strap button location on the GS Mini. No battery needed, and is totally invisible since it is mounted under the bridge area inside the guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification