The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 09-20-2022, 02:32 AM
Charter Member

Dear all,
I meanwhile have uploaded most videos I made at B.I.G. III to youtube.
I have tagged them with BIG III, Carl Miner, Frog & Toad, and the names of the Luthiers... either from the demos or the concerts.
So if you search on youtube you will find them.
No point in loading them all here I think, unless the builders themselves want to, so they can comment if they want.
I think they transport some of the mood and athmosphere of the meeting, not perfectly, nothing beats the real experience, but you get the idea ��
Best, Lonzo

Last edited by Lonzo; 09-20-2022 at 02:53 AM.
Old 09-20-2022, 05:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
I am still basking in the glow of this magical weekend in New Braunfels. I think I brought more home with me than just great memories though. I have brought home a personal healing, I think.
For the last three or four years, I have been struggling with a very aggressive case of psoriatic arthritis, an autoimmune condition that is destroying my hands- among other things. Up until this year, I had no health insurance and no money I could throw at the problem. My ability to play the guitars I make has been taken away about 80% during this time, which broke my heart, because playing guitars, as you all know, is one of the principle joys of our existence. Add to that, this nasty condition was getting so bad, it was starting to cut into my ability to make guitars as well. Many of the procedures were becoming difficult and painful to perform.

Finally, I am about to start a course of treatment that may arrest the further damage, and even return some lost function over time. It is absurdly expensive, costing about twice as much as I’ve ever earned in a year, but by a miraculous turn, it is being covered almost 100%. I begin the drug treatment this week.

But that’s not what I meant to tell you guys. During the time of the B.I.G weekend, my hands began feeling remarkably better. For the first time in over a year, I could finger a C-chord. That made me ecstatic! It was the joy of fellowship with so many good friends, some newly met, that affected a great shift in my attitude, and as mind-over-matter sometimes outpictures as seeming miracles, yesterday, I sat on the couch at home with the Pernambuco Eclipse guitar, and it gifted me with a beautiful, impressionistic, minor key tune, that took me right back to the days when I could play with some moderate level of skill. I think the tune was inspired by Karlijn Langendijk’s tune called “Infinite Blue”. I’m practicing this tune more today, hoping I can actually get it to the point of being a composition. I’m calling it “Rumors of Rain”.

It may be a long road back, but I am taking the first steps now, and I have ALL OF YOU to thank for it. The Rumors of Rain are the grateful tears I shed as I write this.
That’s wonderful news Steve, hope your recovery stays on a positive course.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 10-02-2022, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
I am still basking in the glow of this magical weekend in New Braunfels. I think I brought more home with me than just great memories though. I have brought home a personal healing, I think.
For the last three or four years, I have been struggling with a very aggressive case of psoriatic arthritis, an autoimmune condition that is destroying my hands- among other things. Up until this year, I had no health insurance and no money I could throw at the problem. My ability to play the guitars I make has been taken away about 80% during this time, which broke my heart, because playing guitars, as you all know, is one of the principle joys of our existence. Add to that, this nasty condition was getting so bad, it was starting to cut into my ability to make guitars as well. Many of the procedures were becoming difficult and painful to perform.

Finally, I am about to start a course of treatment that may arrest the further damage, and even return some lost function over time. It is absurdly expensive, costing about twice as much as I’ve ever earned in a year, but by a miraculous turn, it is being covered almost 100%. I begin the drug treatment this week.

But that’s not what I meant to tell you guys. During the time of the B.I.G weekend, my hands began feeling remarkably better. For the first time in over a year, I could finger a C-chord. That made me ecstatic! It was the joy of fellowship with so many good friends, some newly met, that affected a great shift in my attitude, and as mind-over-matter sometimes outpictures as seeming miracles, yesterday, I sat on the couch at home with the Pernambuco Eclipse guitar, and it gifted me with a beautiful, impressionistic, minor key tune, that took me right back to the days when I could play with some moderate level of skill. I think the tune was inspired by Karlijn Langendijk’s tune called “Infinite Blue”. I’m practicing this tune more today, hoping I can actually get it to the point of being a composition. I’m calling it “Rumors of Rain”.

It may be a long road back, but I am taking the first steps now, and I have ALL OF YOU to thank for it. The Rumors of Rain are the grateful tears I shed as I write this.
Glad you're doing well and Saturday night at the pizza joint was an experience!
Old 10-02-2022, 02:04 AM

Does anyone remember what kind of rig Carl Miner was using? Whatever it was, it was some sort of modeling system.
Old 10-02-2022, 06:20 AM
Charter Member

ToneDexter, Sam : )

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop