The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-23-2018, 01:15 AM
Charter Member

Sounds like we all should be using and checking out that Events and New Releases forum more thoroughly!

I know that I've posted a coule times on there about some sort of Oregon get-together, but have not had success with it thus far...

The only Healdsburg Guitar Show I attended was in 2011... and while there, I met a whole bunch of folks from this site... had a blast meeting them and having my hands on some of their guitars (Thanks, Tim and Mary!). I remember there was some sort of jam session that night, but I had to go back home to Fort Bragg...

It has always been a pleasure to meet with some of our members... and, while I understand Tico's point, I don't agree... I would even say that IF I reacted to that sort of stuff and let it run my life AT ALL, then I would be part of the problem and would be perpetuating that problem. So I don't let my little brain go there... and I keep my eyes and ears open and tuned in to whatever's around me...

"The Cape" (Guy Clark/Jim Janowsky/Susanna Clark)
Old 10-23-2018, 08:36 AM

Check your messages, GuitarFundi. I live in Austin and we do have some AGFers that get together now and then. Not many - I'd like there to be more.

Stan
Old 10-23-2018, 05:54 PM

Maybe there'll be something Friday night at Woodstock? (Hint, someone who has a room or space.)

Fay OM Sinker Redwood/Tiger Myrtle
Sexauer L00 Adk/Magnolia For Sale
Hatcher Jumbo Bearclaw/"Bacon" Padauk
Goodall Jumbo POC/flamed Mahogany
Appollonio 12 POC/Myrtle
MJ Franks Resonator, all Australian Blackwood
Goodman J45 Lutz/fiddleback Mahogany
Blackbird "Lucky 13" - carbon fiber
'31 National Duolian
+ many other stringed instruments.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:19 PM

When I lived in Montana there was a BlueGrass circle every Tues at The Leaf and Bean and every Thur at the Co-Op and it was great. Somedays you would have 3 guitars, a banjo, a fiddle and 4 Standup Basses, and another day 4 fiddles, 3 guitars, 2 banjos, 4 singers and 2 mandolins.... you just never knew what was going to show up and everyone swapped instruments and it was wonderful and I would play my guitar softly and respectfully and get to sit in and play on every song while I watched hands and listened intently.... it was glorious!

Hope to find something like this in Austin. I know Radio Coffee and Beer on Manchaca/Ben White will allow us to do it in their large outdoor area under the trees if anyone is interested.

Gibson "Custom Late 1950's Reissue Southern Jumbo Triburst"
Taylor 314CE (Built by Ren Ferguson)
Mystery Resonator
Fender Stratocaster
Old 11-01-2018, 07:15 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseth View Post

The only Healdsburg Guitar Show I attended was in 2011... and while there, I met a whole bunch of folks from this site... had a blast meeting them and having my hands on some of their guitars (Thanks, Tim and Mary!). I remember there was some sort of jam session that night, but I had to go back home to Fort Bragg... ...
You are welcome.

We highly enjoy when we can arrange open space to let the players join us on site entertainment. We always appreciated Chris and the Healdsburg group. We already miss the Memphis Guitar show owned by Bob Singer! (http://www.yourperfectguitar.com/)

We are signed up for the Santa Barbara show. Let's get planning on the future soon.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.

Last edited by Mary; 11-01-2018 at 07:28 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion