The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-14-2019, 07:45 AM

Default Check out this guitar with removabe back & sides

Pretty wild bracing on this guitar. The video is in Spanish, but the demo is pretty cool.

Old 10-14-2019, 07:58 AM
Guitar Gourmet

That's a nice demonstration of the importance of a Helmholtz resonator to stringed instrument design, eh? And a nice little guitar piece as well.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 10-14-2019, 08:20 AM

Demonstrates not just precision construction but the importance of the back and sides. They make an enclosed space for the sound of the strings and top to develop. I also think that the materials used for the b/s contributes some.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:28 AM
Charter Member

I wish I understood the narrative. I guess if I listened more carefully I might have understood some of it.

I wonder if the idea is that it can be used as a quiet practice instrument without the "resonator" and for performance with it. The structure supporting the top looks pretty massive by the standards of conventional guitar bracing. I don't have enough familiarity with classical guitars to know how to judge the sound, which is also difficult to do on a YouTube video. But it sounded pleasant to my ears. Interesting concept.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:58 AM

Not too informative about his "Modelo “Pampa” desarmable" in the video, but tells a little about him: http://guitarraslouzao.com/index_eng.htm

I thought it sounded pretty good. My experience in listening to lattice-braced classical guitars is that they tend to sound towards "lute-like", as did this one. The use of a rigid structural frame is not new, particularly with lattice bracing. What is a new idea is the removable back and side assembly and the bolt-on neck arrangement. Seems to work well.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion