The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-22-2018, 11:10 AM

I've used a Fishman Loudbox Performer with an electric going through a Tech 21 RK5 - worked quite well.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capefisherman View Post
My Carvin AG300 serves this purpose very well, in fact I was pleasantly surprised when I plugged in my recently purchased Prestige semi-hollow body (w/Alinco P-90s) using the the 3rd channel, which is supposedly designed for bass. I too play with a clean sound on the electric so if you need to dirty it up a bit you'll need some outboard gear. I love this amp! Acoustic/electric in channel one, mic in channel two (has phantom power), electric in channel three. Excellent sound, plenty of power.
The demise of Carvin was really too bad, because the AG 300 is really a very good do everything amp. You may not know that this amp has the exact same back end as their smallest bass amp. Same cab, same speakers, same amp.
They just designed the pre amp to serve acoustic and vocal needs.

As long as you don't need real alnico speaker distorsion and can live with any of the amp simulators, you should be good if you can find an AG 300. There is an AG 200 for sale at the Mandolin Forum right now that might work for you.
2011 Santa Cruz D P/W
Pono OP 30 D parlor
Pono OP12-30
Pono MT uke
Goldtone Paul Beard squareneck resophonic
Fluke tenor ukulele
Boatload of home rolled telecasters

"Shut up and play ur guitar" Frank Zappa

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification