The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-13-2017, 06:30 AM
Kip Carter's Avatar
Kip Carter Kip Carter is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Alabama, USA
Posts: 3,547
Default Done -Ordered BOSS Acoustic Singer

With the demise of Carver Audio I lost my number one choice for my needs.
I wanted great acoustic reproduction with solid chorus and reverb options paired we good vocalist accouterments.
I wanted DI out, record out on separate tracks, and support for phantom power to the mic for Studio work.
The winner
__________________
Blessings,
Kip...

One!

My sites: Personal Blog

Martin DC-15ME
Yamaha LL16R-12 L Series A.R.E. (For Sale)
Yamaha FG-75
Fender CF 60 CE
Ibanez AF75TDG (For Sale)
Epiphone Les Paul Std PlusPRO
Eastman MB515 Mando
Yamaha YPT230 Keyboard
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-13-2017, 06:33 AM
JakeStone JakeStone is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: NC
Posts: 2,438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip Carter View Post
The winner
CHicken Dinner..

Great choice.. The Boss gear is solid, great I/O and sounds terrific.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-13-2017, 06:47 AM
Ed-in-Ohio's Avatar
Ed-in-Ohio Ed-in-Ohio is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Northeast Ohio, USA, Planet Earth
Posts: 3,581
Default

Congratulations! Enjoy.
Be sure to report back here with a review.
__________________
2017 Alvarez Artist AJ80CE Maple Jumbo - FOR SALE
2016 Alvarez Artist A-E Folk/OM - FOR SALE

c.1966 Regal Sovereign R235 Jumbo - Old Dollar
2009 Martin 000-15 - Brown Bella
1977 Gibson MK-35 - Apollo
2017 Fender Custom American Telecaster - Brown Sugar
1995 Fender 'David Gilmour' Stratocaster - Crazy Diamond
Think Hippie Thoughts...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-13-2017, 07:33 AM
Pecx Pecx is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip Carter View Post
I wanted great acoustic reproduction with solid chorus and reverb options paired we good vocalist accouterments.
I wanted DI out, record out on separate tracks, and support for phantom power to the mic for Studio work.
The winner
You're definitely right! Indeed the winner. Enjoy it
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-13-2017, 07:34 AM
Marty C Marty C is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 483
Default

Congratulations Kip! I think itís a great idea to process ALL your sound through one device. For live scenarios (small with just the amp and large usng it as a DI/monitor) and also for recording. I think you will spend a lot more time playing/practicing and less time fooling with gear settings - which is sometimes what my practice sessions turn into.

Can this work as your computer interface with two separate tracks as well?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-13-2017, 09:38 AM
jricc jricc is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 1,172
Default

Cool...look forward to your thoughts.
Which version did you go for?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-13-2017, 10:15 AM
Kip Carter's Avatar
Kip Carter Kip Carter is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Alabama, USA
Posts: 3,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
Congratulations Kip! I think itís a great idea to process ALL your sound through one device. For live scenarios (small with just the amp and large usng it as a DI/monitor) and also for recording. I think you will spend a lot more time playing/practicing and less time fooling with gear settings - which is sometimes what my practice sessions turn into.



Can this work as your computer interface with two separate tracks as well?


I may or may not have to use my existing computer interface, but that isnít going to be an issue either way. There are two independent xlr outputs plus a usb rec out as well. So it appears I can go either way.
__________________
Blessings,
Kip...

One!

My sites: Personal Blog

Martin DC-15ME
Yamaha LL16R-12 L Series A.R.E. (For Sale)
Yamaha FG-75
Fender CF 60 CE
Ibanez AF75TDG (For Sale)
Epiphone Les Paul Std PlusPRO
Eastman MB515 Mando
Yamaha YPT230 Keyboard
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-13-2017, 10:21 AM
Kip Carter's Avatar
Kip Carter Kip Carter is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Alabama, USA
Posts: 3,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
Cool...look forward to your thoughts.

Which version did you go for?


I debated and settled for the 60 watt version only because when I play out I always have a house PA to tap into. This will let me dial in my sound for both vocals and guitar before dumping the mix to the house sound board.

There as virtually no feature difference between the two models outside of power.

The 60 is almost 10 lbs lighter.
__________________
Blessings,
Kip...

One!

My sites: Personal Blog

Martin DC-15ME
Yamaha LL16R-12 L Series A.R.E. (For Sale)
Yamaha FG-75
Fender CF 60 CE
Ibanez AF75TDG (For Sale)
Epiphone Les Paul Std PlusPRO
Eastman MB515 Mando
Yamaha YPT230 Keyboard
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-13-2017, 01:02 PM
Marty C Marty C is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 483
Default

Can it be pole mounted ?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-13-2017, 01:24 PM
Kip Carter's Avatar
Kip Carter Kip Carter is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Alabama, USA
Posts: 3,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
Can it be pole mounted ?


Doesnít appear to have pole mount hole. @ 20-30ish lbs respectively they would not be much effort to placement on a crate or something.
__________________
Blessings,
Kip...

One!

My sites: Personal Blog

Martin DC-15ME
Yamaha LL16R-12 L Series A.R.E. (For Sale)
Yamaha FG-75
Fender CF 60 CE
Ibanez AF75TDG (For Sale)
Epiphone Les Paul Std PlusPRO
Eastman MB515 Mando
Yamaha YPT230 Keyboard
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-15-2017, 04:40 PM
Pecx Pecx is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip Carter View Post
I debated and settled for the 60 watt version only because when I play out I always have a house PA to tap into. This will let me dial in my sound for both vocals and guitar before dumping the mix to the house sound board.

There as virtually no feature difference between the two models outside of power.

The 60 is almost 10 lbs lighter.
The 60W version has plenty of power! You probably won't need to tap it onto the house PA
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-17-2017, 05:41 PM
Kip Carter's Avatar
Kip Carter Kip Carter is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Alabama, USA
Posts: 3,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecx View Post
The 60W version has plenty of power! You probably won't need to tap it onto the house PA


The reason for pumping to the house is to level set all the contributors. We have 8 singers and musicians up on the stage working together and the folks on the sound board make sure we donít get piggy with it.
__________________
Blessings,
Kip...

One!

My sites: Personal Blog

Martin DC-15ME
Yamaha LL16R-12 L Series A.R.E. (For Sale)
Yamaha FG-75
Fender CF 60 CE
Ibanez AF75TDG (For Sale)
Epiphone Les Paul Std PlusPRO
Eastman MB515 Mando
Yamaha YPT230 Keyboard
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-17-2017, 05:46 PM
Kip Carter's Avatar
Kip Carter Kip Carter is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Alabama, USA
Posts: 3,547
Default

Itís HERE!!! I canít send you a recording yet to let you hear it but Iím extremely impressed with this amp. I have played both my D-15 and my arch top through it along with singing and I really like the sound Iím getting from it. Itís like holding your head close to the sound hole when playing my D-15 and the arch top sounds like a choir or angels pumped though the BOSS.

I have discovered a nasty artifact when Iím digging in on the D-15 on the low E or A string. Itís almost an explosive sound at tone. This isnít present with the arch top at all no matter how hard I drive it. So Iím thinking that I am going to have to send the Martin in for some service. This is going to sucketh much!

Iíve never sent in my Martin to be serviced, will have to check and see if there are any authorized service centers around Bham.
__________________
Blessings,
Kip...

One!

My sites: Personal Blog

Martin DC-15ME
Yamaha LL16R-12 L Series A.R.E. (For Sale)
Yamaha FG-75
Fender CF 60 CE
Ibanez AF75TDG (For Sale)
Epiphone Les Paul Std PlusPRO
Eastman MB515 Mando
Yamaha YPT230 Keyboard
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-17-2017, 05:50 PM
RogerPease RogerPease is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 173
Default

I got to see a Boss Acoustic Singer Live live and in person today.
I didn't try it out but I did take a close look at it and the bigger "Pro".

The "Live" is quite small (in a good way) and light but solid felling.
Very much like a Fishman Mini. Yeah, the output options on the back
are pretty darn extensive.

It will be great to hear how it works out for you. Looking forward to it.

_Roger
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-17-2017, 08:02 PM
BluesKing777 BluesKing777 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip Carter View Post
Itís HERE!!! I canít send you a recording yet to let you hear it but Iím extremely impressed with this amp. I have played both my D-15 and my arch top through it along with singing and I really like the sound Iím getting from it. Itís like holding your head close to the sound hole when playing my D-15 and the arch top sounds like a choir or angels pumped though the BOSS.

I have discovered a nasty artifact when Iím digging in on the D-15 on the low E or A string. Itís almost an explosive sound at tone. This isnít present with the arch top at all no matter how hard I drive it. So Iím thinking that I am going to have to send the Martin in for some service. This is going to sucketh much!

Iíve never sent in my Martin to be serviced, will have to check and see if there are any authorized service centers around Bham.

Congratulations!

I have the Boss VE-8 pedal (similar electronics), so I will be interested what you think of the amp - I have looked at it online.....I really enjoy the pedal.

D15 trouble? Does it have a battery anywhere in the pickup system - could cause the problem? If so, change it out...


BluesKing777.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=