The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 07-24-2021, 06:03 PM
Charter Member

Default The tune you want to learn, but keep forgetting about

Here's mine, what's yours?

One of these days I'll put in in the rotation. I had started it a year or so ago and then drifted on to other things. It's in standard and my guitars don't stay in that tuning too long usually

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 07-25-2021, 03:41 PM

I have way more than I could begin to list. But your question reminded me of Patty Larkins great song, "The Book I'm Not Reading:

the book I'm not reading is riveting
the book I'm not reading keeps me up at night
the book I'm not reading is better than TV
giving me insight
the book I'm not reading is history
the book I'm not reading is by some paperback writer
the book I'm not reading is a mystery
who done it don't matter
oh I need someone to read me stories
oh someone to turn the page
oh the endless quest for love and glory
oh does not fade away with age

the book I'm not reading is ancient tome
the book I'm not reading was born yesterday
the book I'm not reading keeps me off the phone
with nothing to say
the book I'm not reading is the self-help kind
the book I'm not reading has a life jacket enclosed
the book I'm not reading is a friend of mine
god knows we need those
Old 07-25-2021, 06:04 PM

I've been meaning to work this one up for a while now. All I can say is it's on the list. Problem is I keep getting sidetracked with other things, but I'll get to it sooner or later.

Old 07-27-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Here's mine, what's yours?

One of these days I'll put in in the rotation. I had started it a year or so ago and then drifted on to other things. It's in standard and my guitars don't stay in that tuning too long usually

TBman,
I am in the EXACT place you are with Fairy Forest. I have gone so far as to contact Lukasz Kapuscinski (I like his ver. the best on Youtube) concerning his
song “Lady Joan” which I like a little better than Fairy Forest (Lady Joan is in dropped D and my brain works better in dropped D!)

-Regardless, today I am revisiting Fairy Forest. My problem is that I never use a capo (Capos kind of bug me!)

TBman, my question to you is, do you use a capo with this song? -It seems to me there is an awful lot of B and F#m going on, which must be maintained (or the song does not sound right to my ears)

I have only just looked at this song this morning again for a few minutes. I am not even certain of the key at this point. It’s a very pretty song!

-Now I have to go out and move the sprinkler on the lawn. Minneapolis has been very hot and dry! My petunias are in grave danger!

Last edited by Kittoon; 07-27-2021 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-28-2021, 05:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittoon View Post
TBman,
I am in the EXACT place you are with Fairy Forest. I have gone so far as to contact Lukasz Kapuscinski (I like his ver. the best on Youtube) concerning his
song “Lady Joan” which I like a little better than Fairy Forest (Lady Joan is in dropped D and my brain works better in dropped D!)

-Regardless, today I am revisiting Fairy Forest. My problem is that I never use a capo (Capos kind of bug me!)

TBman, my question to you is, do you use a capo with this song? -It seems to me there is an awful lot of B and F#m going on, which must be maintained (or the song does not sound right to my ears)

I have only just looked at this song this morning again for a few minutes. I am not even certain of the key at this point. It’s a very pretty song!

-Now I have to go out and move the sprinkler on the lawn. Minneapolis has been very hot and dry! My petunias are in grave danger!
Yes I play it with the capo on 2. Lady Joan is nice, but too long for my attention span

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 07-28-2021, 05:49 PM

Thanks for your reply! (I have been fussing with the song without a capo so far and don’t quite see the need, but you and all others do use a capo. -There must be a good reason for this, but I am in the very early stages of the song)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write