The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-28-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarJoeSI View Post
Would you go for the Bose L1 Compact or JBL Eon one?
Bose L1 Compact is a great unit! I use my TC Helicon Play Acoustic pedal for guitar and vocal effects... This combo is perfect for home and small>medium venues.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:38 AM

BTW - Here's a huge thread from a while back.. May be worth a read through. Lots of info on PA choices and comparing Bose L1 Compact
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=487528
Old 04-28-2018, 06:40 AM

ha well hopefully all this info doesnt overwhelm you even more...
Old 04-28-2018, 09:40 AM

Default Decisions!

I’ll probably go with the Bose as it seems more taylored for acoustic performances, whereas the jbl seems better for djs. The Fishman seems to have everything but it’s not quite as slim and compact.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:52 PM

I've played gigs for over forty years, and owned decent systems over that time. If you choose well you can hopefully get many years out it.

The most important considerations for me are that I like it, that it's easy to move. and that it's dependable. Cost is not really a factor in the decision process, since any money saved will be long gone when I stuck at a gig not liking the sound. Buy right, buy once...

I bought an L1c, last summer and couldn't be happier. I have played over fifty dates with it on big patio's, large and small rooms, and in quartet, duo and trio situations. It has shone in every case, and I don't think I've played a gig with out receiving many compliments on the sound.

But most importantly, I love singing through it. The sound of my voice and guitar comes through in a way that instills confidence and is very satisfying. I can tell that my intonation is spot on with the guitar.

If you have a Taylor 210, then it has it's own pre-amp and controls, so straight in to the L1c shouldn't be a problem. In fact I have a buddy who own a 210 and an L1c, and he loves it too! The mic input has treble and bass controls, and sounds good with a Shure SM58. For me the lack of reverb isn't a problem, since I prefer not using it anyhow, just another way to muddy up the sound.

Oh, and the whole kit weighs less than 30lbs, and sets up in about two minutes. I also have the T1 mixer for supporting other players, but generally don't bother with it if I'm the only one going in to it. It also works exceedingly well for my upright bass.

Definitely check it out, or rent one before you buy anything else!

Good luck with your choice!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification