The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-02-2018, 01:08 PM
Charter Member

Default LR Baggs Anthem

I recently installed an LR Baggs Anthem (full blown not an SL) in my Martin D-18. And yes I'm a do it yourselfer person so shame on me! Install was relatively easy but I have one end result that is unwanted and wondered if anyone would have any ideas. The pickup sounds fantastic but the issue I'm having is with the piezo under saddle pickup. The crossover is supposed to adjust and use the piezo for the lower frequencies produced from the under saddle. I have adjusted the gain or trim ( I feel a better explanation) for the microphone to my liking.

All my strings have the same separation and are basically the same dynamic and sound level except the low "E" string. That one seems to be quite overpowering compared to the rest. My short saddle is fairly snug in the bridge slot and according to the instructions this does make a difference. I have been a little reluctant loosening it since this can also change slightly with humidity. I have also secured the piezo wire close to the exit hole coming through the bridge plate from under the saddle which recommendations also say makes a difference. I have not tried the pickup without the under saddle piezo connected yet but I might try that in the near future to verify the under saddle pickup is the issue. It doesn't seem to make a lot of difference if I adjust the blend control completely forward or backward. Just wondering if anyone might have any ideas to try. Thanks in advance, REV
2014 American Standard Telecaster (Maple Board)Mystic Blue
2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster (Rosewood Board)
1994 Fender 40th Anniversary Stratocaster Caribbean Mist
2011 Martin JC-16RE 50TH Anniversary
2004 Martin J-15
2011 Gibson ES-335 Cherry Red
1993 Continental TriCone

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification