The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 12-13-2010, 10:26 AM

Default recording with macbook pros???????

hello

so i usually record just using garageband then copy the MP3 into Imovie then transfer to youtube that way. i just wanted to know how to record on Imovie but using the garageband audio settings i have, is this possible?

i use a Line 6 UX1 box to connect my mic and guitar up to my macbook pro which is fine and works great with garageband to record. but now i want to record using the camera on my macbook using the same audio settings so it all links together to make a good youtube video

aha sorry if have blabbered a bit, just trying to get what i mean into words

thanx guys
Old 12-13-2010, 11:15 AM

I'm not sure. I once recorded myself using the imovie (and monitor camera&mic) and took the audio to gband and enhanced it, then put it back in over the audio of the movie. Once. Not sure how I did that though. I might be able to hook up my Zoom H2 as a usb mic and record that way.. again...not sure. Be easier to buy a Zoom Q3 maybe or Kodak HD camera?
Old 12-13-2010, 08:11 PM

If you wanted to record with iSight (the digital camera), you can use another audio input. Just use the System Preferences to choose your Sound Input and you are set. iMovie should record from your iSight, and also from the sound source you specify. If you are content with the Line6 settings, then you are set to go. The problem with the iSight is that the video quality is rather poor compared to a 'real' video camera.

You will not be able to pipe the GB audio directly into the iMovie. If you record to GB, the you will have to record the piece as a GB project. You will then have to Share your audio, and then import it into iMovie.

Hamer Korina Artist
Hamer Daytona
Martin 000-28EC
Cordoba 1a Flamenco
Fender American Vintage Tele 52 RI

DIY Home
Old 12-14-2010, 07:40 AM

the new ilife 10 has the new garage band where you can record videos...cheers!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD