The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-24-2019, 05:52 AM
Charter Member

Default delayed..

Well...due to bad weather in the mid west...the guitar should be here TODAY!!!!!
Old 06-24-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ongWriter View Post
Well...due to bad weather in the mid west...the guitar should be here TODAY!!!!!
Oh man, that had to be a tough weekend! I am sure you will love it!
Old 06-24-2019, 12:08 PM
Charter Member

I waited 9 months for my Collings. All my other purchases were either in person or I got the K26ce from Sweetwater. No waiting there but a couple days to arrive. So I can empathize with the waiting. But the joy, oh, the joy!
Hope to get a great review and pics. Congrats!
Old 06-24-2019, 05:09 PM
Charter Member

Default wow

WOW!!....that pretty much says it all. When I opened the amazing case the guitar looked more brown than the photo's...and to me that is good. It's really beautiful. And I love the "no edges" thing....it's a small thing...but I love it...,.they should put this bridge on EVERY DAD GUM TAYLOR!!!....the ONLY...and I mean the ONLY thing I'm not blown away with is the "low output" ES2. My other Taylor is at least twice as loud when plugged in. I don't understand this...I can always turn down....but not always turn up. I've seen post where Taylor will change this free of charge....I may have to do that.....any thoughts on that?
Old 06-24-2019, 07:28 PM

Congrats on a sweet guitar. I listened again to Shades' recordings with the phone turned up and the 717 sounds nice and full, articulate and balanced. I may have to go visit the local dealer with some trade bait waiting in the truck.

So Taylor can boost the output of the pickup?
Old 06-24-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ongWriter View Post
WOW!!....that pretty much says it all. When I opened the amazing case the guitar looked more brown than the photo's...and to me that is good. It's really beautiful. And I love the "no edges" thing....it's a small thing...but I love it...,.they should put this bridge on EVERY DAD GUM TAYLOR!!!....the ONLY...and I mean the ONLY thing I'm not blown away with is the "low output" ES2. My other Taylor is at least twice as loud when plugged in. I don't understand this...I can always turn down....but not always turn up. I've seen post where Taylor will change this free of charge....I may have to do that.....any thoughts on that?

Nice!

How do you like it acoustically without electronics? I ordered mine without because I can put anything I want in it. However, I would probably just choose to go with a soundhole pickup or a Lyric since they are less invasive.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Blue View Post
Nice!

How do you like it acoustically without electronics? I ordered mine without because I can put anything I want in it. However, I would probably just choose to go with a soundhole pickup or a Lyric since they are less invasive.
Acoustically I LOVE IT!!...it's just perfect....not too boomy...just right...and the perfect amount of sustain. ALSO, I've played it thru a Fishman acoustic amp, (sound ok) a JBL one tower...sounds not so great....but played thru my Fender Passport....it may be the best acoustic amplified tone I've ever heard......so folks....it does depend on what system you play it thru as to how it sounds amplified.....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion