The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 11-28-2018, 01:19 PM

http://www.mainlandukuleles.com/

Yes they are made in China BUT set up in their shop in Nashville Indiana.
Solid top ukes. They set up the action to perfection in their shop. I lived close enough when I bought mine to drive there. I played every uke in the shop before choosing my Red Cedar Tenor.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:59 PM
Charter Member

Pono, if you can get one shipped from Hawaii Music supply. My Pono is solid mahogany and was $400 or so. You can get mango or accacia too. There are more expensive Ponos but for a very plain but very high quality uke, it's the bomb.

I played a lot of up to 1K ukes I didn't like as much.
2011 Santa Cruz D P/W
Pono OP 30 D parlor
Pono OP12-30
Pono MT uke
Goldtone Paul Beard squareneck resophonic
Fluke tenor ukulele
Boatload of home rolled telecasters

"Shut up and play ur guitar" Frank Zappa
Old 11-29-2018, 07:27 PM

I HEARTILY recommend Ohana CK-35L. It's a concert ukulele with a tenor neck. Thus, it has the classical "ukulele" sound that a concert uke offers, PLUS it has a longer fretboard that's easier to chord & pick than a regular, shorter concert fretboard -- at least that's true for my hands. Your hands may differ. It's ALL solid mahogany -- the same wood long used by Martin for most of their top-of-the-line ukes. And it's matte finish. I got mine for ONLY $255 from Mim's Ukes. She still has them in stock as of today, 11/29/2018. Mim sets-up every uke she sells & is very responsive to personal requests. Elderly Instruments has 1 in stock, also.

When I take this Ohana to a jam session, lots of folks want to "borrow it for a minute" because it's a joy to play, it's loud & clean sounding, & it is the ukeiest! Shazam!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Tags
concert ukulele, high g tuning, tenor ukelele, ukulele