The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 07-28-2018, 07:25 AM

Default Slim neck classical guitar?

My beloved Yairi is becoming hard to play, its neck width is 52mm and my injured left hand is struggling too cope as I get older. Can anyone recommend a quality classical that has a narrower neck width, suitable for classical and general fingerstyle playing. I’m conscious of Cordoba and Alhambra ‘crossover’ concepts, which have narrrow neck widths and modern neck shape, sounds promising but do they have that full classical tone? If they don’t I’m not interested .... Are there other makes you would recommend within my budget which is around £2k
Old 07-28-2018, 07:32 AM

Cervantes Crossover, slimmer neck, all solid woods, lovely tone.
Old 07-28-2018, 05:44 PM

If you are up to plugging in, the Godin Multiac has exceptional electronics and a very friendly narrow neck.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:06 AM

Both the Cordoba C10 crossover : spruce/rosewood and C9 cedar mahogany are built on the full size C10-9 body. The only difference being the crossover neck 48 mm nut width with radius fretboard and shallower profile.

I had a C10 and C9 crossover in the house at the same time, both are excellent sounding instruments. I kept the C10, better suited to my playing style but the C9 has a lush, lyrical sweet voice. It was a hard decision.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
Both the Cordoba C10 crossover : spruce/rosewood and C9 cedar mahogany are built on the full size C10-9 body. The only difference being the crossover neck 48 mm nut width with radius fretboard and shallower profile.

I had a C10 and C9 crossover in the house at the same time, both are excellent sounding instruments. I kept the C10, better suited to my playing style but the C9 has a lush, lyrical sweet voice. It was a hard decision.
I agree with this. Best place to look.
I play: Acoustic blues & folk
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/sirwhale28/videos
Old 07-31-2018, 12:23 AM

My Salvatore Ibanez AEG-10-NE has a more narrow neck and string-spacing than a traditional classical guitar. It's right in-between a steel string and a true classical....just right for what I wanted. I wouldn't take any amount of money for mine.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical