The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-08-2022, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
I will be there, ideally with my spousal unit and possibly one child. If all goes well, we’ll fly in a couple of days early, maybe stay a day or two later. Looking forward already!
We are very excited to welcome Mrs. Alpine to the tomb'sox home. We need to make that special for her somehow. I have some ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianHillMike View Post
I'm sooo excited I get a chance to participate this year! From the previous posts it looks like just an incredible event and I can't wait to show you all some of my guitars!
We are very excited to have you and are so glad you were able to accept the invite to come! It really is a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
I might just have to try to make it this year.

Tom, when will you tell us who is playing?
Pretty soon, I have to save something to add to the suspense, but they are booked and ready to go! I am waiting for official bios as well so I do not post anything inaccurate.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:52 AM
AGF Sponsor

I can't wait! It'll be a pleasure to see everyone again and participate in this celebration. Looking so forward to meeting up with good friends and colleagues again. This will be the biggest B.I.G yet!
I've gotten a good head start this year, and already have two show guitars in the finishing rotation. Another one is very close to fully built; and a fourth one with the soundbox about half done. I'm planning on having them all done and strung up well before the show, so they'll be awake and singing. I love working with this kind of inspiration!
Old 03-08-2022, 05:22 PM
Charter Member

I'm really looking forward to this next B.I.G. The last one was fabulous and now that I know some of the people who will be attending, I can look forward to getting together again! What a treat!
Old 03-08-2022, 07:35 PM
Charter Member

I've always thoroughly enjoy seeing all the pictures and videos from BIG. Looking forward to seeing who you will have performing.
Old 03-08-2022, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
I can't wait! It'll be a pleasure to see everyone again and participate in this celebration. Looking so forward to meeting up with good friends and colleagues again. This will be the biggest B.I.G yet!
I've gotten a good head start this year, and already have two show guitars in the finishing rotation. Another one is very close to fully built; and a fourth one with the soundbox about half done. I'm planning on having them all done and strung up well before the show, so they'll be awake and singing. I love working with this kind of inspiration!
Wow Steve, way to go. This has to beat 18 hour days trying to finish everything up in the last week!!!! You will be laying low all set to go, no stress, you won't know what to do with yourself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soma5 View Post
I'm really looking forward to this next B.I.G. The last one was fabulous and now that I know some of the people who will be attending, I can look forward to getting together again! What a treat!
It will be great to see you again as well and find out how you are getting along with that last minute Sunday steal you got last year!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volman View Post
I've always thoroughly enjoy seeing all the pictures and videos from BIG. Looking forward to seeing who you will have performing.
Well you are not that far away, why don't you come and get into some of those pictures and videos yourself!!!!

Here is a tease for one of the performers, maybe someone will figure it out!

XXXXXXX is a frequent performer at concerts and festivals in Asia, the Americas, Europe and Africa and has been featured in guitar magazines all over the world. Every year, he teaches workshops and master classes all over the place and his album “XXXXXX XXXXX” was voted an 'essential album' by Acoustic Guitar Magazine in 2007.

His peculiar guitar style owes as much to percussive techniques as traditional Fingerstyle guitar. What sets XXXX apart from some of his contemporaries is his ability to make pyrotechnics serve the music. His time studying West African traditional music gives him a sense of timing and groove that is unusual in a guitarist.

“Lovely playing, lovely sound” - David Gilmour
“10/10 Gomms” - Jon Gomm
“probably shouldn’t be legal” - Guthrie Govan
Old 03-08-2022, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Wow Steve, way to go. This has to beat 18 hour days trying to finish everything up in the last week!!!! You will be laying low all set to go, no stress, you won't know what to do with yourself!!!

It will be great to see you again as well and find out how you are getting along with that last minute Sunday steal you got last year!!!

Well you are not that far away, why don't you come and get into some of those pictures and videos yourself!!!!

Here is a tease for one of the performers, maybe someone will figure it out!

XXXXXXX is a frequent performer at concerts and festivals in Asia, the Americas, Europe and Africa and has been featured in guitar magazines all over the world. Every year, he teaches workshops and master classes all over the place and his album “XXXXXX XXXXX” was voted an 'essential album' by Acoustic Guitar Magazine in 2007.

His peculiar guitar style owes as much to percussive techniques as traditional Fingerstyle guitar. What sets XXXX apart from some of his contemporaries is his ability to make pyrotechnics serve the music. His time studying West African traditional music gives him a sense of timing and groove that is unusual in a guitarist.

“10/10 Gomms” - Jon Gomm
I figured it out.
Old 03-08-2022, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
I figured it out.
Well that was fast, let's wait to see if anyone else does before I make it official!
Old 03-08-2022, 08:44 PM

Well needless to say, I'm in for B.I.G. 2022!

I'll be bringing the result of the last B.I.G. (Urlacher Pink Ivory Parlor).

Rebecca and I also plan on getting in a few rounds of golf for those that may want to join in as we swing the crooked sticks.

I'm super excited to see your surprise guest, who I believe has a signature Lowden to his credit?

Many thanks again to Tom and Kathy for hosting this awesome event. If you haven't been, I can assure you it is worth attending. It is unlike any other guitar show, and is really more like a gathering of family and friends.

---------------------

PS. I too am very fond of guitars!
Old 03-08-2022, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inc0herent View Post

Rebecca and I also plan on getting in a few rounds of golf for those that may want to join in as we swing the crooked sticks.

I'm super excited to see your surprise guest, who I believe has a signature Lowden to his credit?

Many thanks again to Tom and Kathy for hosting this awesome event. If you haven't been, I can assure you it is worth attending. It is unlike any other guitar show, and is really more like a gathering of family and friends.

---------------------

Well that is great Seth!!! You are too smart for your own good. I guess my hints were too good and yes, there is a signature Lowden in this performers name!!!

In terms of golf, I have reserved at least one day for me and my daughter with Rebecca too!

Last edited by TomB'sox; 03-09-2022 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

---------------------

Is that parlor going to be at LaConner by chance? I did see Rebecca will be there.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:17 AM

It may make it to that "other" show if it comes back from finish in time
Old 03-10-2022, 07:44 PM

Quote:
It may make it to that "other" show if it comes back from finish in time
Yes, those "other" shows. B.I.G. is nothing but a breath in the wind to them, but I think it is great!
Old 03-10-2022, 07:45 PM

Speaking of Great! Here is a video of the Saturday night performer who in addition to a concert will be doing a workshop as well. None other than Mr. Thomas Leeb!!!!

Here is a little write up about Thomas!

Thomas Leeb is a frequent performer at concerts and festivals in Asia, the Americas, Europe and Africa and has been featured in guitar magazines all over the world. Every year, he teaches workshops and master classes all over the place and his album “Desert Pirate” was voted an 'essential album' by Acoustic Guitar Magazine in 2007.

His peculiar guitar style owes as much to percussive techniques as traditional Fingerstyle guitar. What sets Thomas Leeb apart from some of his contemporaries is his ability to make pyrotechnics serve the music. His time studying West African traditional music gives him a sense of timing and groove that is unusual in a guitarist.

“10/10 Gomms” - Jon Gomm
Old 03-10-2022, 08:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Yes, those "other" shows. B.I.G. is nothing but a breath in the wind to them, but I think it is great!
Tom I thought B.I.G. was the best guitar show / event I have attended to date by far.. I haven't gone to that other local show before and will try it this year given it's in my neck of the woods but I suspect the experience from your show will be unique and not replicable at those other shows.

It was an ability to try out so many amazing instruments in quiet environments back to back with everyone so approachable that is just unbeatable.
Old 03-11-2022, 06:28 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Boy this sounds like a great time. I was supposed to go to the first BIG and life threw me a curveball and I wasn’t able to go…have regretted it ever since. We all know Tom is just a super guy and I hear he’s got this “show” thing nailed…and it just gets better each year. I think those “other shows” might want/need to take notice. Not that it’s a competition, but acknowledging that this ‘now’ Texas guitar dude has found a magical recipe of fellowship, fun, food, great entertainment and…ahem…great guitars!!! Maybe it should be called “Great BIG” Who knows, maybe I’ll get to go someday…

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop