The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
X30 Nylon string?? Has it been done?

Love to hear what that would sound like!
Yikes.... don't get Unc Evy all wound up... prolly be great though... well ... if you actually like that sorta thing.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-13-2018, 10:58 AM
Guest 928

Nylon string 30? Here I was, minding my own business, and AC rings the bell and Mr.K cranks up the volume. But no, the X10 is my size and I'm sticking with it, thank you.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Nylon string 30? Here I was, minding my own business, and AC rings the bell and Mr.K cranks up the volume. But no, the X10 is my size and I'm sticking with it, thank you.
It is good to plan ahead... you know, so there is room for the X30 as you're "getting down to one."
Old 11-13-2018, 07:10 PM
Guest 928

I am also getting really old, not at my expiration date, but thinking about it. The 10 has been a remarkable fit for me. I think all the Emerald sizes are sweet, designed for a variety of human users. The 20 was too big for me, the 30 would way too big for my play--but probably perfect for many people.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I am also getting really old, not at my expiration date, but thinking about it. The 10 has been a remarkable fit for me. I think all the Emerald sizes are sweet, designed for a variety of human users. The 20 was too big for me, the 30 would way too big for my play--but probably perfect for many people.
Catching up to you, Evan. I had mentioned that my X20 was as big as I'd like... the X10 feels even more comfortable to me. Nice to have some great options.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:00 AM

Tip for the next order placed . . .

Old 11-17-2018, 06:26 AM

Quote:

Perfect!... Genius idea.
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-17-2018, 07:53 AM
Charter Member

Hey, look - I got the mug I ordered! It came all the way from Ireland. WOW! Look at this: there's a guitar in the box, too!
Old 11-17-2018, 05:56 PM

Old 11-18-2018, 12:08 PM
Charter Member

It has been a while, so... Rufus:

The one who brings great joy to our household, not the one that graces the headstock of my Emeralds; although that one brings joy, too.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:24 PM
Charter Member

If there was a "Like" button, I think Rufus would get hundreds....
Old 11-24-2018, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

Lots of activity on this carbon fiber forum right now - fun to read!

I came across something interesting yesterday that some of you are probably aware of. I'm kinda new at this whole guitar thing, only 54 years now, so I'm still picking up new techniques.

Decades ago, I was told, "If you want to hear how your guitar sounds to those in front of it, play it while facing close to a wall. And, I have done that.

I was playing the X7 in the living room yesterday morning. It's the older version, with the offset sound hole, but not like the newer ones that also open up towards the player.

Joan asked me to look at something on our deck. I stood up while still playing, walked over to the window to look out - the sound reflecting off the glass of the window came back at me with surprising power! My little X7 sounded like a much bigger guitar.

Yeah, I get it: the solid, hard surface of the glass vs the softer painted wall board... but, what a difference!

I tried it with the X10 (upturned sound hole) and the results were similar, but not as dramatic. Which of course brought the question from the Blonde, "What are you doing? Stop that - you're going to scare the neighbors!"

What was I wearing? Well, I hadn't gotten fully dressed for the day. "But, listen to this sound!"

Old 11-24-2018, 09:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Lots of activity on this carbon fiber forum right now - fun to read!

I came across something interesting yesterday that some of you are probably aware of. I'm kinda new at this whole guitar thing, only 54 years now, so I'm still picking up new techniques.

Decades ago, I was told, "If you want to hear how your guitar sounds to those in front of it, play it while facing close to a wall. And, I have done that.

I was playing the X7 in the living room yesterday morning. It's the older version, with the offset sound hole, but not like the newer ones that also open up towards the player.

Joan asked me to look at something on our deck. I stood up while still playing, walked over to the window to look out - the sound reflecting off the glass of the window came back at me with surprising power! My little X7 sounded like a much bigger guitar.

Yeah, I get it: the solid, hard surface of the glass vs the softer painted wall board... but, what a difference!

I tried it with the X10 (upturned sound hole) and the results were similar, but not as dramatic. Which of course brought the question from the Blonde, "What are you doing? Stop that - you're going to scare the neighbors!"

What was I wearing? Well, I hadn't gotten fully dressed for the day. "But, listen to this sound!"

I think a dose of that mind cleaning bleach wouldn't hurt here...

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 11-24-2018, 09:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

A real life solution...

A number of years ago, a friend of mine had GAS for high end stereo equipment. When he would buy a new piece of gear, he would keep it at my place until he built up the courage to bring it home, at which point he could honestly say that he had owned for a few weeks already. The same could be done with guitars.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 11-24-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:

Ac,
That is a home run (by XX)!!
Git

Ps. I just emailed and changed my X7 packaging instructions. Thanks a bunch, Ac!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber