The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-30-2022, 02:29 PM
Charter Member

Default Monitors

I have a Marshall Valvestate 60 watt combo amp I use occasionally when I'm playing outside at festivals and such. It is pretty rudimentary. Plug in and play. I put it out in front pointed away from me and just play. Honestly, I'm not sure what it sounds like even because I've never stood out there listening to myself. A lot of others I run into have a second amp, a monitor that they point back toward themselves. I have a 15 watt Marshall combo amp as well that I have tried to put into service as a monitor but it isn't working. Either I don't know what I'm doing and am connecting it up wrong, or it is a problem that I don't have the right equipment. Probably both.

So I could use some advice on how to do what I'm trying to do.

A note, I also have a Kustom 50 watt acoustic amp that I've used as well. Same setup, plug in. I don't know which is the better setup. The bottom line, I just don't know much about amplifying guitars. Also, I don't need a stack or real fancy setup. I usually have to carry it in and carry it out. Simple setup for a simple mind is what I'm looking for.

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany.
Guild D-20
Gretsch Streamliner
Morgan Monroe MNB-1w

https://www.minnesotabluegrass.org/
Old 04-30-2022, 08:32 PM

Does your Valvestate have a 1/4" line out jack on the front?

If so, I'd run an instrument cable 1/4" to 1/4" from it into the input of whichever 2nd amp you use.

If not, you can get an A/B/Y box that allows you to send the single signal from your guitar to two amps at once.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification