The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-23-2019, 01:28 PM

Default K&K Mini + UST set up?

Hi folks, so I recently acquired a used McPherson 3.5 that came with the stock LR Baggs RTS pickup removed and had K&K mini installed. Because of that, the guitar had a horrible buzz (from losing that height from the piezo). I even got a higher saddle that is provided from McPherson. That got rid of some buzzing, but the low E and A strings still buzzes if I strum with a pick.

So I want to install a piezo, but I hate the quack... I was gonna aim for Anthem SL, but I read some posts here that it changes the sound of the guitar. Also I would be putting more weight on the guitar top.

I also read from here that D-Tar wavelength has an input for a second input. I know someone from this forum has done it once, I was wondering what the logistics of that would be. Do I cut the wires off from the endpin, and attach it inside the preamp of the wavelength, and install that system?
Old 09-23-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppio View Post
Hi folks, so I recently acquired a used McPherson 3.5 that came with the stock LR Baggs RTS pickup removed and had K&K mini installed. Because of that, the guitar had a horrible buzz (from losing that height from the piezo). I even got a higher saddle that is provided from McPherson. That got rid of some buzzing, but the low E and A strings still buzzes if I strum with a pick.

So I want to install a piezo, but I hate the quack... I was gonna aim for Anthem SL, but I read some posts here that it changes the sound of the guitar. Also I would be putting more weight on the guitar top.

I also read from here that D-Tar wavelength has an input for a second input. I know someone from this forum has done it once, I was wondering what the logistics of that would be. Do I cut the wires off from the endpin, and attach it inside the preamp of the wavelength, and install that system?
You could do try the above but K&K makes am undersaddle piezo called the Fantastick that you could wire to the Pure Mini and mix with one of their blender preamps. I imagine that adding the UST, using it to provide low-bass and blending it with the Pure Mini, would give you a nice strong attack with a firm low-end. And best of all, it would be pretty feedback resistant and all passive.
Taylor 514ce

Zoom AC3

https://linktr.ee/erikjmusic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification