The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-23-2019, 10:54 AM

Sweetwater is sending me a new Zoom L12 and I am returning mine. Their support dept is not (yet?) acknowledging a crosstalk/bleed problem when recording, but at least they were very helpful and are sending out a new unit before I've even boxed up the faulty one.

I'll give the new one a work out. I sure hope mine is a lemon and not a product-wide design problem.

If the latter is true, I have no idea what I'll do. In order to get five stereo headphone auxes, I'd need to spend three times the price and probably not get recording on all channels.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardwhiskey View Post
If the latter is true, I have no idea what I'll do. In order to get five stereo headphone auxes, I'd need to spend three times the price and probably not get recording on all channels.
Do the mixes need to be stereo? If you can get away with mono--and don't mind a tablet mixer instead of physical faders-- the Behringer XR18 (which is what I settled on) has 6 aux outs and 18 ch in/out USB interface.

Of course, you'd need a headphone amp system too, so I don't know that there are any other setups that you can get complete for the Zoom price point. Behringer makes the Powerplay P1 individual box for $50 each (make the guys buy their own!). The XR18 also works with their P16M monitoring system, but I'm not sure how much it would cost to get you into that.

Tbh I considered the Zoom but the quality for that price point worried me a bit. I hop your issue gets resolved!
Old 09-23-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipotle View Post
Do the mixes need to be stereo? If you can get away with mono--and don't mind a tablet mixer instead of physical faders-- the Behringer XR18 (which is what I settled on) has 6 aux outs and 18 ch in/out USB interface.

Of course, you'd need a headphone amp system too, so I don't know that there are any other setups that you can get complete for the Zoom price point. Behringer makes the Powerplay P1 individual box for $50 each (make the guys buy their own!). The XR18 also works with their P16M monitoring system, but I'm not sure how much it would cost to get you into that.

Tbh I considered the Zoom but the quality for that price point worried me a bit. I hop your issue gets resolved!
The little Behringer headphone amps look like a good soution if mono/non-powered auxes come into play.

I like the idea of the XR18, and I'm enough of a geek to enjoy it I'm sure. But when I really think about how I'll use the box, I don't think I want to deal with not having sliders (or pots).

So probably the next machine up the chain is the PreSonus 16.0.2.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification