The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-14-2022, 07:21 AM
Charter Member

Default Three Amazon Deliveries in One Day

I'll admit we have been utilizing Amazon allot. Yesterday we had three different items delivered at three different times of the day. Free shipping of course. One Amazon delivery old gal arrived in her SUV in sandles, dug through packages in the back to find ours. I mentioned working in sandles and she said she loves it. It looks like cheap Uber delivers sometimes. I saw one with a large old, rusted SUV deliver the other day. The worst looking vehicle in the neighborhood. I live in a condo complex, so delivery trucks come and go all day around here. I'm guessing Amazon started using their own delivery serves and they are having a big push right now. It'll settle down in a couple of months.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 05-14-2022, 09:30 AM
Charter Member

I kiddingly scold Amazon drivers as they come up the front steps. "I ordered this 10 hours ago! Where have you been?"

On this relatively quiet street, some days 10% of the traffic is Amazon, FedEx, USPS, et al. Love the new "normal" or not, some aspects of commerce are alive and kicking.

Happily retired, Mrs. Tinnitus and I enjoy staying mentally alert and physically active with projects around the house/yard. If we ever run out of stuff to do here (as if...), she'll go work a nursery (garden center) once or twice a week, and I'll go sling Amazon boxes or make food deliveries - in shorts.

(NOTE: Nothing against volunteering, BTW, but the two things I looked into involved telling people not to walk their dogs in the wetlands, or breathing fresh varnish fumes all day in the shop at the Re-Store.)
Old 05-14-2022, 01:21 PM
Charter Member

Around here, there is plenty to volunteer for - meal deliveries to those house bound, stocking food shelves, teaching folks to read/write/speak English, etc. I have done any of this since COVID, but I was active in teaching English as a second language will find something else among the many opportunities.

As for various deliveries, our condo sees lots of that every day. We have 72 household, all ordering stuff these days. We set up a set of shelves in the lobby for delivery people to put it all on, and we have security cameras on the entire area.

Like FEDEX and UPS, Amazon has clearly marked delivery vans.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 05-15-2022, 10:34 AM
Charter Member

Well, around here in the rural corn fields, not all Amazon vehicles are clearly marked. Some are just plain white sprinter style vans and others are simply personal vehicles with no markings whatsoever. I see this going badly for some lost, young and trusting "city" delivery person that doesn't understand that you just don't drive back some isolated, 1/4 plus mile tiny drive in rural areas. I actually had to escalate my complaints to Amazon to get their drivers banned from my property. They were ignorant of signage and would speed through my property, turn around on turf (and I mean a complete, four tire vehicle completely off the driveway, just one direspect after another. It took me nearly three years of reporting with their escalated complaint center in Seattle. It was maddening.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic