The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-21-2019, 12:56 AM

Default Possible to run LR Baggs Anthem into Aura?

Just wondering whether someone has tried this - Anthem itself sounds good : was wondering whether running it into an aura pedal makes it sound better?
Old 09-21-2019, 05:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lppier View Post
Just wondering whether someone has tried this - Anthem itself sounds good : was wondering whether running it into an aura pedal makes it sound better?
If you have the full Anthem and use just the UST then I would think yes. That is what the Aura does best, make a UST sound good. Adding the true mic would, imho, add artifacts that would take away from the sound. Plus, adding the true mic starts the crossover EQ and I don’t think it would play well with the Aura

But if you already have an aura or can borrow one just try it out for yourself and see what happens
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat

Last edited by Mbroady; 09-21-2019 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:54 PM

Ok thanks! I don’t have an aura.. but do have anthem. I wasn’t aware that the mic sound would introduce artifacts!
Old 09-22-2019, 05:35 AM
Charter Member

I used to have an Aura that I tried with a few combo pick up systems (UST and mic) as well as SBD and Mic). Assuming you have a good sound map, it works best with just the UST.

On a side note I’m having an Anthem SL installed in a guitar. Should have it back this week. Look forward to trying it out.
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat
Old 09-22-2019, 08:41 AM

In a general way, the history of rock n roll is the history of people throwing away the manual and plugging things into each other and twisting knobs just to see what will happen.

Also in a general way, I think folks on this site could stand to have a little more of that adventurous mindset.

Couch Standards
Old 09-22-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbroady View Post
I used to have an Aura that I tried with a few combo pick up systems (UST and mic) as well as SBD and Mic). Assuming you have a good sound map, it works best with just the UST.

On a side note I’m having an Anthem SL installed in a guitar. Should have it back this week. Look forward to trying it out.

Cool, do keep us posted!
Old 09-22-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
In a general way, the history of rock n roll is the history of people throwing away the manual and plugging things into each other and twisting knobs just to see what will happen.

Also in a general way, I think folks on this site could stand to have a little more of that adventurous mindset.

Yes, in my day work I’m an engineer, I tend to get sucked into experimenting too much actually. I actually have to consciously stop myself and focus on the music!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification