The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-23-2019, 01:24 PM

Default My Experience this week Ordering a Custom Guitar From Emerald Guitars

I posted this entry in an existing thread in the carbon fiber section, but it really deserves it's own thread.

I want to thank Chloe and Alistair for their responsiveness and patience with my custom order.

I ordered an x10 nylon string guitar and had a budget in mind so I was able to save money by requesting a traditional headstock and a less elaborate pick up system.

With the money I saved with those two items, I was able to order a custom, thinner guitar so it would be more comfortable.

Additionally, I chose a nut thickness that I truly enjoy; It's narrower than a true classical guitar, but wider than a typical 1.75" width.

Chloe was very patient with my never-ending questions, and what-if's. Alistair was in the loop as and a huge help as well.

I feel like I'm getting a total custom build, and am thrilled that it won't be a 4.5" deep guitar, but something that will fit me much better.

This will be my second Emerald guitar, the first being their 6 and 12 string double neck.

Thanks Chloe and Alistair, I really appreciate the patience you both have, and the terrific customer service.

And of course, your guitars are amazing!
Old 01-23-2019, 01:47 PM

They are great...I haven’t heard from Chloe since early this AM... prolly afternoon for her.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-23-2019, 04:57 PM

We are so lucky to have them. They make amazing guitars
Old 01-23-2019, 05:07 PM

And you being in Long (hard "G") Island are closer to the factory then many of us!
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

Last edited by kramster; 01-23-2019 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Add word
Old 01-23-2019, 07:46 PM
Charter Member

It's dangerous to read these custom order threads.......
Old 01-23-2019, 09:20 PM

Emerald customer service is amazing.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceciltguitar View Post
It's dangerous to read these custom order threads.......
Dangerous yes it is, however scaling some features back saved me enough money to make this purchase happen. If I was not able to save money forgoing a traditional headstock, I would not have been able to purchase this.

Can you imagine contacting gibson guitars and asking them to leave off some of their common elements on a les paul to save you money on a 1-off guitar?

PS - I love Gibson guitars - just using them as an example.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber