The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 12-23-2010, 11:41 AM
*mahoganut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by colins View Post
Photos? Details? Happy for you to write a lot more!

Cheers
Col
Some of it is in "pre-production" so I'm not sure what to share and what not. So - please excuse any "fuzziness" or ambiguity - I'll not let any cats out of any bags...

Mike's building a Black and Gray Meridian for Healdsburg - really interesting colors. And a couple of Retreux Parlours. And maybe some others - using some new varieties of woods. I'm in hopes that the new website will be up and running soon, and some real in-progress pics will be possible.

He was working on techniques to enhance his sound ports, and showed me some of the prototype trials.

We did set aside a set of wood for my, ahem, possible, ahem, next build..! I was taken with that 2007 JX that recently sold at Dream, and Mike has the sister set of wood for both B&S and top... more on that when I actually commission the build!

Jenn, I delivered the padded case cover for the BAM case, and I think you'll really like it for those times you need the extra protection. I decided that I'd keep just the one case cover as I will be unlikely to be taking both Meridians "on the road". It's very much worth your consideration.

No pictures unfortunately! I did "convert" Mike to a Snark tuner! They are so fast at picking up the note... he was impressed, so I left him my red one!

I realize this is not very specific, but I did want to respect any proprietary thoughts and ideas - Mike will let them out when he's ready!

Cheers all,

Phil
Old 12-24-2010, 07:06 AM

Yes, I was also eyeing that ebony JX, but I passed in favour of having Mike build me a Meridian from some Celebes ebony I found earlier this year. Build is now confirmed, and Mike will be building it alongside the Healdsburg guitars - we'll be doing some quite innovative stuff on this guitar. Build thread coming soon!

Baranik Meridian "Aurora" fan-fret - Celebes ebony / Colorado blue spruce
Tom Sands Model L fan-fret - Macassar ebony / European spruce
Hamblin GC - Macassar ebony / Italian spruce
Kronbauer SMB - Macassar ebony / Engelmann spruce
Baranik JX - Indian rosewood / German spruce
Sheppard GA - African blackwood / Bosnian spruce
Collings OM1
CA Cargo Raw | Ele
Old 12-24-2010, 10:02 AM
*mahoganut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
Yes, I was also eyeing that ebony JX, but I passed in favour of having Mike build me a Meridian from some Celebes ebony I found earlier this year. Build is now confirmed, and Mike will be building it alongside the Healdsburg guitars - we'll be doing some quite innovative stuff on this guitar. Build thread coming soon!
Excellent! Looking forward to the build thread.
Phil
Old 12-24-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riorider View Post
Some of it is in "pre-production" so I'm not sure what to share and what not. So - please excuse any "fuzziness" or ambiguity - I'll not let any cats out of any bags...

Mike's building a Black and Gray Meridian for Healdsburg - really interesting colors. And a couple of Retreux Parlours. And maybe some others - using some new varieties of woods. I'm in hopes that the new website will be up and running soon, and some real in-progress pics will be possible.

He was working on techniques to enhance his sound ports, and showed me some of the prototype trials.

We did set aside a set of wood for my, ahem, possible, ahem, next build..! I was taken with that 2007 JX that recently sold at Dream, and Mike has the sister set of wood for both B&S and top... more on that when I actually commission the build!

Jenn, I delivered the padded case cover for the BAM case, and I think you'll really like it for those times you need the extra protection. I decided that I'd keep just the one case cover as I will be unlikely to be taking both Meridians "on the road". It's very much worth your consideration.

No pictures unfortunately! I did "convert" Mike to a Snark tuner! They are so fast at picking up the note... he was impressed, so I left him my red one!

I realize this is not very specific, but I did want to respect any proprietary thoughts and ideas - Mike will let them out when he's ready!

Cheers all,

Phil
Thanks, Phil. I'm so glad that you had a good visit with Mike! I'll consider the case cover for sure. I should see Mike next week, if he is in the shop.

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-26-2010, 03:58 AM
Charter Member

Looks like we are coming up to the year of the ebony build threads! Start posting any time you like Phil and Huckleberry; I will just put the drool guard on my keyboard!

Col

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop