The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 03-18-2021, 07:49 AM

Default D'Angelico Premier Series EXL-1 B-stock

There are a ton of these on reverb listed for $399.99. It seems like a huge savings over new non B-stock. Anyone have any experience with them? I like the idea of having an archtop to play the kind of bluesy stuff that’s in between the acoustic and electric worlds. Think John Lee Hooker, Lightnin’ Hopkins. I really like the single P90 Godin but these get pretty good reviews too and are significantly cheaper.
Old 03-18-2021, 02:29 PM

I can't speak to that model, but I got a Premiere DC semi-hollow last year for $349. Zero regrets. HUGE bargain for an under $400 outlay of cash.

John Lee Hooker is my spirit animal I think I would want a bridge pickup too. But like you pointed out, the price on these is nice. Here's an option for you. My guitar but with P-90s for $480.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...xoCFtQQAvD_BwE

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops