The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-27-2022, 06:54 AM
Charter Member

Default Hiscox Pro ll cases

Where do you find these? Most place are out of stock.
Old 05-27-2022, 07:25 AM
Charter Member

Default Anderton's Music in the UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashondan2018 View Post
Where do you find these? Most place are out of stock.
This might help - some people have been successful and some encountered some issues. If you read through the last 2 pages of posts, you'll find some tips that worked for some of us. For me, the key was ordering as a guest through PayPal on an in stock item. Good Luck - Hope it works for you!

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=637786
Old 05-27-2022, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

I just got two Hiscox Pro-ll GAD (Dreadnought) cases for my Martins from Anderton’s in the UK. Ordered on a Friday, they arrived at my home (UK) on the following Monday.

The TKL 500-series cases are now stored in my garage.

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)
Old 05-27-2022, 11:47 AM
Charter Member

@JayBee1404 Thanks but the cost of shipping to the US doubles the cost.

@Mak2525 Thanks for the link. I'll have a look.

I also wonder what might be comparable to these.
Old 05-27-2022, 11:57 AM
Charter Member

Anyone know which case (hiscox) would fit my 00-18?
Old 05-27-2022, 12:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
That surprises me - there have been several threads in which US-ers have reported purchasing Hiscox cases from Anderton’s in the UK with ‘reasonable’ shipping fees - ~£23 (~US$31). Remember also that, under UK Consumer Protection Legislation and unlike US practices, advertised prices must include VAT (similar to your Sales Tax), but understand that goods for export are not subject to Tax, so the actual sales price to someone in the US will be reduced by 16.66%.

Did you check out the thread linked to by Mak2525 above? Here’s the link again, it’s worth reading carefully…

I would recommend you call/email Anderton’s for a quote - I can’t absolutely guarantee a pleasant surprise, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s what you get.

Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)

Last edited by JayBee1404; 05-27-2022 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-27-2022, 12:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee1404 View Post
That surprises me - there have been several threads in which US-ers have reported purchasing Hiscox cases from Anderton’s in the UK with ‘reasonable’ shipping fees - ~£23 (~US$31). Remember also that, under UK Consumer Protection Legislation and unlike US practices, advertised prices must include VAT (similar to your Sales Tax), but understand that goods for export are not subject to Tax, so the actual sales price to someone in the US will be reduced by 16.66%.

Did you check out the thread linked to by Mak2525 above? Here’s the link again, it’s worth reading carefully…

I would recommend you call/email Anderton’s for a quote - I can’t absolutely guarantee a pleasant surprise, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s what you get.
Actually, that's what Hiscox quoted me to ship from them.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry, I don’t understand - are you saying that you were quoted £23 for shipping by Hiscox themselves? That doesn’t ‘double the cost’, does it?

And if you’re saying that Hiscox’s quote ‘doubles the cost’, you should understand that Anderton’s are a large national dealer in musical instruments/amplification etc., and they are completely independent of Hiscox. Whatever Hiscox quotes for shipment is irrelevant to any sale by Anderton’s, the latter will determine their shipping charges themselves.

Also, the reduction of the advertised sales price by the value of the VAT would probably be of the order of £30 (~$39), which would go at least part-way to defraying the shipping charges.

Before you throw in the towel, I would again recommend you to speak to Anderton’s - as I said, you might have a pleasant surprise.

Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Old 05-27-2022, 01:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Just to let you know, the shipping cost for a Jumbo Pro2 Ivory case cost me $75 US via DHL about 6 weeks ago - heck, it cost more than that to send a case across country in the US. The case was $210. This is just about what the case would have cost here in the states before Hiscox terminated the US Distribution network. The only way you can get an accurate cost is to add an in-stock item to the cart and proceed to checkout as a guest. You don't have to complete the transaction, but this will give you not only a shipping cost to the states, but the actual cost of the case in pounds. The cost showing on the site includes the VAT, which as mentioned above is not applicable to non UK orders. The case I purchased showed @ $179 pounds, but I believe like 30 BPS were deducted when I entered my address.

Hiscox will no longer ship to the US, but retailers such as Anderton's can if they so choose. I confirmed this with Colin @ Hiscox. Several people have tried emailing Anderton's and were not given a straight answer. Some reported that they were told they were not allowed to ship out of the UK. Another person was told they could not special order for international shipments. I think a lot of the confusion comes from the previous arrangement with the US distributor. At that time, retailers in the UK were not allowed to ship outside the country. Once Hiscox decided to no longer send cases to the US due to supply chain issues and shipping delays, the no international shipping clause was null and void. So, it's entirely up to the individual Hiscox retailer if they want to ship internationally.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee1404 View Post
Sorry, I don’t understand - are you saying that you were quoted £23 for shipping by Hiscox themselves? That doesn’t ‘double the cost’, does it?

And if you’re saying that Hiscox’s quote ‘doubles the cost’, you should understand that Anderton’s are a large national dealer in musical instruments/amplification etc., and they are completely independent of Hiscox. Whatever Hiscox quotes for shipment is irrelevant to any sale by Anderton’s, the latter will determine their shipping charges themselves.

Also, the reduction of the advertised sales price by the value of the VAT would probably be of the order of £30 (~$39), which would go at least part-way to defraying the shipping charges.

Before you throw in the towel, I would again recommend you to speak to Anderton’s - as I said, you might have a pleasant surprise.
Sorry for the confusion...The fee that Hiscox quoted me would have almost doubled the price. It was 220 us for the case and 186 us for the shipping.

I will reach out Andertons. Thanks for the nudge!
Old 05-27-2022, 02:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Anyone know which case (hiscox) would fit my 00-18?
I have a medium classical Hiscox case and it fits both my 12 fret and 14 fret 00-18s.

Keith
Old 05-27-2022, 02:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SColumbusSt View Post
I have a medium classical Hiscox case and it fits both my 12 fret and 14 fret 00-18s.

Keith
Perfect! Thank you.
Old 05-27-2022, 03:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak2525 View Post
Just to let you know, the shipping cost for a Jumbo Pro2 Ivory case cost me $75 US via DHL about 6 weeks ago - heck, it cost more than that to send a case across country in the US. The case was $210. This is just about what the case would have cost here in the states before Hiscox terminated the US Distribution network. The only way you can get an accurate cost is to add an in-stock item to the cart and proceed to checkout as a guest. You don't have to complete the transaction, but this will give you not only a shipping cost to the states, but the actual cost of the case in pounds. The cost showing on the site includes the VAT, which as mentioned above is not applicable to non UK orders. The case I purchased showed @ $179 pounds, but I believe like 30 BPS were deducted when I entered my address.

Hiscox will no longer ship to the US, but retailers such as Anderton's can if they so choose. I confirmed this with Colin @ Hiscox. Several people have tried emailing Anderton's and were not given a straight answer. Some reported that they were told they were not allowed to ship out of the UK. Another person was told they could not special order for international shipments. I think a lot of the confusion comes from the previous arrangement with the US distributor. At that time, retailers in the UK were not allowed to ship outside the country. Once Hiscox decided to no longer send cases to the US due to supply chain issues and shipping delays, the no international shipping clause was null and void. So, it's entirely up to the individual Hiscox retailer if they want to ship internationally.
@Mak2525 - Thanks for that post, Mak, and for filling in a lot of detail missing in my two posts, and confirming the points I made.

@Vashondan - so glad we got that clarified! Best of luck with Anderton’s, I hope everything works out for you.

Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Old 05-27-2022, 04:20 PM
Charter Member

I ended up modifying my 000 Hiscox for my Iris OG. Four extra pads from Hiscox strategically placed took care of it. I love their cases for my gigging guitars. So light and protective.

Last edited by UncleJesse; 05-27-2022 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
I ended up modifying my 000 Hiscox for my Iris OG. Four extra pads from Hiscox strategically placed took care of it. I love their cases for my gigging guitars. So light and protective.
Jesse: I added two of the pads to my Jumbo case, and my Iris DF Smeck fits like it was custom built for it!

As an added bonus, the GAD Artist case I have is a perfect fit for my recently acquired Huss and Dalton OM - like it was made for it. I guess because the Artist case has all that extra thick padding, it accommodates everything from 15" to 16.5". Even though I love the H&D tweed case - no comparison to the Hiscox!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion